Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 215508 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #585: March 31, 2013, 11:24:35 PM »
That's just awesome. Fighting cheaters isn't enough, so we had to give the cheaters a godmode GM ally as well!

Great!

Dwilight, the continent where 2 players can do whatever the !@#$ they want the rest of the continent doesn't have a damn word to say about it.

Seems like it was pretty easy to get the Zuma to attack Chesney. Huh, wish it would've been that easy to get them to, IDK, actually aid Barca against Aurvandil, ever.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #586: March 31, 2013, 11:41:47 PM »
I really don't understand what you people get out of lying when it's obvious to everyone that you're lying.

Zuma did in fact attack Aurvandil -- once it was given a reason, of course.

Zuma's attack on Chesney was not the equivalent of a lightning bolt. There is no defence against a lightning bolt, but when it comes to 320 Zuma warriors attacking your heavily fortified city... well lets just say that you guys aren't going to be winning any awards for "Best General" over that one. Or "Best Diplomat," for that matter.

As far as persuading the GM goes, you make it sound like a casual feat. The reality of the matter is that the least of your blunders was having your RULER do everything in his power to instigate a war with them. And even that alone didn't spark the incident (note how the Zuma went straight for Chesney, nowhere else), there were more forces at play than you know about.

You are an ant remarking on the affairs of gods. A fly watching statesmen from the capitol's wall, shouting protests and indignation over matters which you neither know nor can comprehend.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 11:44:08 PM by Kwanstein »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #587: March 31, 2013, 11:44:56 PM »
I don't generally agree much with Kwanstein, but I have to say, basically that whole post sounds absolutely true to me.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #588: April 01, 2013, 12:18:31 AM »
I really don't understand what you people get out of lying when it's obvious to everyone that you're lying.

Zuma did in fact attack Aurvandil -- once it was given a reason, of course.

No, it didn't attack Aurvandil. It shoo'ed away an Aurvandil army. There's a HUGE difference. Unless the Zuma reached Candiels, then it did not "attack Aurvandil". I don't even think it entered Aurvandil's territory...

"Attacking realm X" and "Scaring realm X's army away" are two different things.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #589: April 01, 2013, 12:22:40 AM »
Ok let me figure this out the Moot ignored and was hostile to the Zuma for years and only now figuring out that that wasnt very smart long term. ???
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #590: April 01, 2013, 12:23:05 AM »
No, it didn't attack Aurvandil. It shoo'ed away an Aurvandil army. There's a HUGE difference. Unless the Zuma reached Candiels, then it did not "attack Aurvandil". I don't even think it entered Aurvandil's territory...

"Attacking realm X" and "Scaring realm X's army away" are two different things.

No man, hitting like 3 Aurvandil nobles in a semi-rogue/semi-Barcan border territory is totally the same thing as marching on Rettleville, Paisly, or Chesney. Same thing.

You're an ant, Chenier. An Ant. You're so dumb you just don't know how to play the game right.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Zuma GM

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #591: April 01, 2013, 12:32:18 AM »
I don't even think it entered Aurvandil's territory...

That's right. Most definitely there was no declaration of war or the looting of any Aurvandil regions until they went rogue. Clearly not an attack against Aurvandil at all.
Just because you have some personal issue against the Zuma doesn't mean that your blinkered view on them is the facts on what goes on. You don't actually have a clue about them. Mendicant, although now a stain on the game due to his cheating, went to a hell of a lot of effort with a variety of deals and promises and that is why Barca survived and why Aurvandil did not have Daimons in their city. If I acted on OOC grudges or issues then yes I'd walk into Aurvandil and destroy them for the cheating that went on, I'd have also destroyed the realms with a Chenier in it for the highly abusive personal OOC messages that have been sent both on the forums and within the game, so be grateful that I do keep the actions of the Zuma based purely on IC actions and communications.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #592: April 01, 2013, 12:44:14 AM »
That's right. Most definitely there was no declaration of war or the looting of any Aurvandil regions until they went rogue. Clearly not an attack against Aurvandil at all.
Just because you have some personal issue against the Zuma doesn't mean that your blinkered view on them is the facts on what goes on. You don't actually have a clue about them. Mendicant, although now a stain on the game due to his cheating, went to a hell of a lot of effort with a variety of deals and promises and that is why Barca survived and why Aurvandil did not have Daimons in their city. If I acted on OOC grudges or issues then yes I'd walk into Aurvandil and destroy them for the cheating that went on, I'd have also destroyed the realms with a Chenier in it for the highly abusive personal OOC messages that have been sent both on the forums and within the game, so be grateful that I do keep the actions of the Zuma based purely on IC actions and communications.

Declarations of war mean !@#$. Astrum declared war on Asylon, yet we constantly hear Asylon players nagging for an actual army to come.

And you looted a region, eh? Tell us which ones, then! The only regions of the 'moot the Zuma ever bothered attacking were our capitals or key cities. Oh, that and threaten total destruction unless a ton of unique items are given. But yea, sure, I'm sure that you totally did that to Aurvandil.

Ok let me figure this out the Moot ignored and was hostile to the Zuma for years and only now figuring out that that wasnt very smart long term. ???

Asylon is young. We tried being friendly before, but they'd still randomly turn on us for stupid !@#$. Less talking means less stupid interpretations of what our characters say. I'd say we've been better off with our policy of ignoring them than we were in the days we were doing a bunch of RP events with everyone seemingly happy with each other.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zuma GM

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #593: April 01, 2013, 12:55:59 AM »
Declarations of war mean !@#$.

Did you miss the part where I stated that two regions were looted rogue? If you don't know which those were perhaps you should pay more attention. Again with the issue with your blinkers. As before I could go into a big explanation of everything and anything the Zuma do for a couple of people who come on the forums and start shouting and screaming about how unfair something is (even though neither are actually directly involved in it), but to do so would ruin a lot of hard effort that others have put in and the things that are yet to come because of some of those efforts and interactions. Terran is not being affected, D'Hara is not being affected. The ones actually being affected are interacting IC within the game because they've actually got an IC understanding of what's going on and why.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #594: April 01, 2013, 01:02:06 AM »
Did you miss the part where I stated that two regions were looted rogue? If you don't know which those were perhaps you should pay more attention. Again with the issue with your blinkers. As before I could go into a big explanation of everything and anything the Zuma do for a couple of people who come on the forums and start shouting and screaming about how unfair something is (even though neither are actually directly involved in it), but to do so would ruin a lot of hard effort that others have put in and the things that are yet to come because of some of those efforts and interactions. Terran is not being affected, D'Hara is not being affected. The ones actually being affected are interacting IC within the game because they've actually got an IC understanding of what's going on and why.

Did you miss the rest of my rant?

You looted two regions... WHICH REGIONS? If you can't remember them, they sure sound important regions!

When the Zuma have went against realms, it has, EVERY TIME, sacked an important city. Every time EXCEPT with Aurvandil, where you obviously did not target neither Candiels nor Tower Fatmilak.

So no, I don't take your looting of a couple of border rurals, which likely would have revolted on their own anyways, to be in any measure comparable to the Zuma's actions against any one else of us. Why don't you just sack a few rurals this time instead of the capital, eh? Why didn't you just sack a few rurals when you attacked Barca before, Terran, D'Hara?

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #595: April 01, 2013, 01:06:48 AM »
Declarations of war mean !@#$. Astrum declared war on Asylon, yet we constantly hear Asylon players nagging for an actual army to come.

We met a small Astrum army, but we are kinda expecting a vast Astrum army washing us away. But yea, there have been a few battles.

And on topic, I still belive the Zuma add spice to the game, making it take twists and turns others havent forseen. Plus it gives us in Asylon a feeling of possible doom looming across our southern border.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #596: April 01, 2013, 01:09:24 AM »
Did you miss the rest of my rant?

You looted two regions... WHICH REGIONS? If you can't remember them, they sure sound important regions!

Did you miss the part where he didn't say he didn't remember—he said he wasn't going to do your work for you and tell you everything that's happened?

When the Zuma have went against realms, it has, EVERY TIME, sacked an important city. Every time EXCEPT with Aurvandil, where you obviously did not target neither Candiels nor Tower Fatmilak.

Every time you've noticed.

So no, I don't take your looting of a couple of border rurals, which likely would have revolted on their own anyways, to be in any measure comparable to the Zuma's actions against any one else of us. Why don't you just sack a few rurals this time instead of the capital, eh? Why didn't you just sack a few rurals when you attacked Barca before, Terran, D'Hara?

Again, did you miss the part where he said he wasn't going to explain every little detail of why he did what he did just because you like to rant and rave on the forums?

Your view of the world is not the only view, Chenier. The events you see are not the only events. Your opinions are not the only valid opinions.

And you do not get to tell the Zuma GM what to do, IC or OOC. He has no obligation to answer your questions at all.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #597: April 01, 2013, 01:45:09 AM »

And you looted a region, eh? Tell us which ones, then! The only regions of the 'moot the Zuma ever bothered attacking were our capitals or key cities. Oh, that and threaten total destruction unless a ton of unique items are given. But yea, sure, I'm sure that you totally did that to Aurvandil.

Asylon is young. We tried being friendly before, but they'd still randomly turn on us for stupid !@#$. Less talking means less stupid interpretations of what our characters say. I'd say we've been better off with our policy of ignoring them than we were in the days we were doing a bunch of RP events with everyone seemingly happy with each other.

Turn against you for stupid !@#$? Last I heard was the entire SA alliance complaining about the very same !@#$ that I complained about when I was allied with you in a war, you don't communicate, you pick and choose what communications to pass on to the other players and you I'll say it again the Moots communication was duplicitous and poor. Nevermind the way that D'Hara aids its allies in war, which is by not helping at all and sending out one or two troops at neutral status in some sort of vague and flaccid defend pact that doesnt help because its completely non-commital. The way D'Hara helps is basically by saying 'hey we are sending an army to help' but then sends a bunch of kids wearing paper armour and wooden swords and also sends a letter to the enemy they are fighting saying 'hey hey we want peace, I dont give a !@#$ what we have to do lets just get this peace signed' You are the worst undedicated, disloyal and meandering type of ally a kingdom could ever want. If you were a Batman character kingdom you'd be Two-face. Every decision in D'Hara is a mere coin toss, every choice the easiest one to evacuate, save ones own hide and save face without actually standing for anything at all.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #598: April 01, 2013, 02:27:29 AM »
Turn against you for stupid !@#$? Last I heard was the entire SA alliance complaining about the very same !@#$ that I complained about when I was allied with you in a war, you don't communicate, you pick and choose what communications to pass on to the other players and you I'll say it again the Moots communication was duplicitous and poor. Nevermind the way that D'Hara aids its allies in war, which is by not helping at all and sending out one or two troops at neutral status in some sort of vague and flaccid defend pact that doesnt help because its completely non-commital. The way D'Hara helps is basically by saying 'hey we are sending an army to help' but then sends a bunch of kids wearing paper armour and wooden swords and also sends a letter to the enemy they are fighting saying 'hey hey we want peace, I dont give a !@#$ what we have to do lets just get this peace signed' You are the worst undedicated, disloyal and meandering type of ally a kingdom could ever want. If you were a Batman character kingdom you'd be Two-face. Every decision in D'Hara is a mere coin toss, every choice the easiest one to evacuate, save ones own hide and save face without actually standing for anything at all.

I don't generally agree with Glaumring, but I have to say, basically that whole post sounds absolutely true to me. ;D
Timothy Collett

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #599: April 01, 2013, 02:46:37 AM »
I don't generally agree with Glaumring, but I have to say, basically that whole post sounds absolutely true to me. ;D
Well I would say you have a skewed view on that, same as Glaumring. I would say there are a few in D'hara like that, but the rest of the D'harans say wtf you saying, these are allies we aren't doing that !@#$. As to the military, with Kabrinskia Terran was aware that due to certain circumstances D'hara would only be aiding in the case that Terran started to lose the war. D'hara has never had a large military. I will not say the exact numbers, but it is small because its extremely hard for D'hara to do military outside of the realm. We have several members who need to tend to our regions to defend from monsters, some who our only active enough to be able to tend to their region, some who do some food moving around, and some who just do nothing. That, it takes forever to get anywhere, and it costs a quite a bit to go anywhere with a unit that it hinders D'hara greatly. The area of D'hara is about the worst spot to have a realm, at least for trying to have a sizeable military.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton