Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 215542 times)

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #675: April 02, 2013, 02:49:56 PM »
Kas was Terran's Chief Magistrate for a short period because nobody else wanted the job. He accidentally moved into Zuma territory and got into a scuffle. He then changed his story from 'an accident' to 'trying to enlist the Zuma to help' and referred to Haktoo as 'almighty,' which as it has a religious context immediately alarmed the entire realm who protested him out of office.

There were plenty of letters going around at that time that could be read as anti-Zuma, but they were anti-Zuma in the sense that 'our ruler should not be sublimating himself to Daemons,' not 'let's all go kill the Zuma.'

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #676: April 02, 2013, 04:42:45 PM »
That happened once, and it turns into "usually"? Quit perpetuating falsehoods.

1) Pretty sure it has happened more than once.

2) I didn't say usually, I just said there was a good chance of it.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #677: April 02, 2013, 05:59:26 PM »
Kas was Terran's Chief Magistrate for a short period because nobody else wanted the job. He accidentally moved into Zuma territory and got into a scuffle. He then changed his story from 'an accident' to 'trying to enlist the Zuma to help' and referred to Haktoo as 'almighty,' which as it has a religious context immediately alarmed the entire realm who protested him out of office.

There were plenty of letters going around at that time that could be read as anti-Zuma, but they were anti-Zuma in the sense that 'our ruler should not be sublimating himself to Daemons,' not 'let's all go kill the Zuma.'

how long ago?
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #678: April 02, 2013, 06:01:29 PM »
Actually it was only 3-5 people protesting every day who forced Kas to step down, not the entire realm.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #679: April 02, 2013, 07:33:10 PM »

how long ago?

Literally the last Chief Magistrate before Terran broke apart, except for the guy who got elected after Kas was protested out who was Chief Magistrate for a couple days before the secessions.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #680: April 02, 2013, 07:35:47 PM »
Actually it was only 3-5 people protesting every day who forced Kas to step down, not the entire realm.

This is not correct. He was protested out very quickly and you can't do that with 3 people.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #681: April 02, 2013, 11:41:21 PM »
So that was like 3 months ago?  The Zuma would have probably reacted to that a lot sooner if it really was Kas...
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #682: April 03, 2013, 12:33:18 AM »
No, sooner than that. Just look up the family 'Mayhem' in the character list and you'll see when he was protested out. I want to say maybe one month or 6 weeks.

Varwulf

• Knight
    • View Profile
What's the Deal with the Zuma Coalition?
« Reply #683: September 29, 2013, 06:26:36 PM »
I keep seeing a character by the name of Haktoo get elected to a position that doesn't exist because the realm doesn't exist and the character himself does not exist on Dwilight, yet the Dynamic Map clearly shows a realm by the name of Zuma Coalition with borders and everything.

A search of the character list shows no one on the continent who is part of the Zuma Coalition.  Any region I attempt to get details on that supposedly is part of the Zuma Coalition brings me to a page that indicates the realm does not exist.

I am very confused here.  As I am trying to Role Play with the leader of the Zuma Coalition (or rather some of his cohorts) I find myself at a distinct disadvantage since these (bugs?) issues sort of leave my character more in the dark than she should be.

Any insight?
Varwulf (Vix Tiramora), Rhyndaria (Caergoth), Ikosia (Caergoth), Kunoreyvn (Sandalak), Kimiakiaruni (Sandalak), Balkrom (Nothoi), Sythia (Arcaea), Eviera (Morek Empire)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: What's the Deal with the Zuma Coalition?
« Reply #684: September 29, 2013, 06:29:22 PM »
Perhaps you should poke around in your Realm about those weird Zuma guys and see what you can find out :) Some of what you describe is definitely working-as-intended and not a bug for as far as I'm aware.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 06:31:07 PM by Telrunya »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685: September 29, 2013, 06:57:53 PM »
They are intentionally enigmatic. If you want to know more about them, all around IG.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #686: September 29, 2013, 06:58:53 PM »
You could try writing a letter to Haktoo; I believe he appears on the "send a message to some rulers" list. Or, journey to the Zuma lands.

Varwulf

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #687: September 29, 2013, 07:35:49 PM »
Ah, so it is some sort of GM/Dev Role Playing type deal?  Alright, that makes a lot more sense :)  Still leaves me in the dark, but makes a lot more sense :D
Varwulf (Vix Tiramora), Rhyndaria (Caergoth), Ikosia (Caergoth), Kunoreyvn (Sandalak), Kimiakiaruni (Sandalak), Balkrom (Nothoi), Sythia (Arcaea), Eviera (Morek Empire)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #688: September 29, 2013, 08:10:05 PM »
Yeah, try asking the characters in-game. Especially characters from the realms that border the Zuma.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #689: September 29, 2013, 10:22:37 PM »
Ah, so it is some sort of GM/Dev Role Playing type deal?  Alright, that makes a lot more sense :)  Still leaves me in the dark, but makes a lot more sense :D
Yes it is a GM faction.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton