Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 215377 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #240: December 03, 2011, 12:02:38 AM »
That's precisely what Koli thinks is going to happen, actually.  Dwilight is the next logical target after BT, you know.

This conflict is much more likely to turn Terran into a radically pro-Zuma realm than turn into some kind of crusade.

There is almost no conceivable circumstance under which Terran would willingly go to war with the Zuma.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #241: December 03, 2011, 12:09:27 AM »
This conflict is much more likely to turn Terran into a radically pro-Zuma realm than turn into some kind of crusade.

There is almost no conceivable circumstance under which Terran would willingly go to war with the Zuma.

Same for D'Hara. I would love nothing more than to suck up to the Zuma enough for them to go destroy the Lurias.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #242: December 03, 2011, 12:14:07 AM »
Same for D'Hara. I would love nothing more than to suck up to the Zuma enough for them to go destroy the Lurias.

Pff pussies, do it yourself if you want to and don't hide behind the angry daimon ;p

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #243: December 03, 2011, 12:15:04 AM »
Heh. The plot thickens. It appears someone has been forging messages and sending them to Haktoo to try to create a war.

(I post this here because I just sent a message to the rulers saying as much, and all of the Moot is aware as well. It isn't privileged information at all)
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #244: December 03, 2011, 12:16:58 AM »
Ceterum autem censeo, Zuma esse delendam.

Hahahaha. Oh, wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #245: December 03, 2011, 12:20:58 AM »
Pff pussies, do it yourself if you want to and don't hide behind the angry daimon ;p

At this point, I think all we'll have to do is watch as the daimons go punish the dumb forgers of the East.

I mean, really, who thought he could get away with forging a message sent to a message group that the Zuma's ambassador belongs to. Nicely done, lol. Faking a message sent to "all full members" would have likely had quite a better impact, as at least Garret wouldn't have been able to see the lie himself.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #246: December 03, 2011, 12:24:35 AM »
Curious what you are talking about..hopefully tybalt will start sharing info soon....

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #247: December 03, 2011, 12:28:25 AM »
Dwilight's realms are like trees before a tempest. When comes the wrath of the Zuma, you will either bow or break.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #248: December 03, 2011, 12:30:03 AM »
Curious what you are talking about..hopefully tybalt will start sharing info soon....

See what Vellos said: someone used a letter sent by Terran's general to "everyone in the 'moot", and changed the "we should de everything we can to solve this diplomaticly" part to a "the Zuma are animals and we should pretend to discuss as we prepare an attack against them!". However, Garret, the ambassador of the Zuma, is part of that "everyone in the 'moot" group who received the real letter.

If you ask me, now's a great time to inform the Zuma of that daimon-hating Luria.

Zakilevo

« Reply #249: December 03, 2011, 12:30:51 AM »
Time for the moot to build some daemon worship temples.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #250: December 03, 2011, 12:34:53 AM »

All he'll know is that Hireshmont has basically pledged to all the rulers to engage in everlasting war against whoever forged the letter, and any who harbor that individual.

Which probably means he just did one of three things:
1. Implicitly declared war on Astroism; specifically, the colony in Golden Farrow
2. Implicitly declared war on Madina
3. Implicitly opened a court case in the Moot; potentially the first instance of the Moot's "international law" structure coming into play.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #251: December 03, 2011, 12:35:24 AM »
potentially the first instance of the Moot's "international law" structure coming into play.

Though I just realized that "mail fraud" isn't specifically mentioned as a crime.

hmmmm....

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #252: December 03, 2011, 12:36:37 AM »
All he'll know is that Hireshmont has basically pledged to all the rulers to engage in everlasting war against whoever forged the letter, and any who harbor that individual.

Which probably means he just did one of three things:
1. Implicitly declared war on Astroism; specifically, the colony in Golden Farrow
2. Implicitly declared war on Madina
3. Implicitly opened a court case in the Moot; potentially the first instance of the Moot's "international law" structure coming into play.

You forgot 4. Implicitly declare war on the Lurias. The Lurias have always expressed their desires to be hostile to us as soon as they get the chance, and they do have the anti-daimon religion.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #253: December 03, 2011, 12:42:22 AM »
You forgot 4. Implicitly declare war on the Lurias. The Lurias have always expressed their desires to be hostile to us as soon as they get the chance, and they do have the anti-daimon religion.

And you forgot that nobody in Luria had access to the message that was ultimately forged.

It is possible that there was a second-hand process. In that case, it could also be a malcontent in Corsanctum. Or maybe a Fissoan.

I'm talking about reality, though. And in reality, the Lurians probably wish they did this, but they probably actually didn't.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #254: December 03, 2011, 12:52:45 AM »
And you forgot that nobody in Luria had access to the message that was ultimately forged.

It is possible that there was a second-hand process. In that case, it could also be a malcontent in Corsanctum. Or maybe a Fissoan.

I'm talking about reality, though. And in reality, the Lurians probably wish they did this, but they probably actually didn't.

Well, consider that the letter forged was sent to a group Garret was a part of. While it's possible that the writer was part of this group, that would mean he's either stupid (or recklessly ignorant, as Garret did send many letters in the past) or should have at least expected for the truth to eventually come out (because the real letter would have been spammed by 40 different people to the Zuma). However, if the person wasn't part of the 'moot, then he might not have realized that Garret was part of it. Which would make this very important error make more sense. As if the person who sent the forgery to the Zuma is actually part of the 'moot, then the Zuma can know for sure that he wrote the forgery himself. And that's a pretty big risk.

We don't know if the person who sent the letter forged it himself. However, it is obvious that both the forger and the sender, if they are not the same person, want ill to the 'moot.

Is it the Lurias? I don't know, could be a bunch of different people. But honestly, I'm kinda hoping that they get blamed regardless of who actually did it. I tire of having that big threat that is always just waiting for an excuse to pounce on us for no good reason.  8)