Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 215515 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #555: February 26, 2013, 07:39:32 AM »
Welcome to Terran, the Gondor of Dwilight.

D'Hara are the elves.

Barca is Rohan, trying to survive (Mendicant)Saruman's Uruk-Hai hordes whose numbers are unmatched and that move with swiftness and speed... even in daylight! And regard Barcan civilization as the decadent World of Men ready to fall.

I could go on about each. The analogies are stunning.

And Mendicant has looked into the Palantir of Orthanc....
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #556: February 26, 2013, 08:36:02 AM »
Meanwhile in D'hara...

Pretty sure this was already established as being Glaumring.  :P
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #557: February 26, 2013, 09:37:21 AM »
No one made her, but it they made it quite tempting. Getting protested out of office due to corruption usually means you ain't getting power for a long, long time which means that realm is no longer good, nor any moot realm.

The thing that got me was the protest messages that went "If they allegations are true..."
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #558: February 26, 2013, 01:39:08 PM »
So I know this is not the right place for it, but since it has come up, did you have Jonsu really do those things? Or did the old boys make it all up? I never did find out.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #559: February 26, 2013, 05:06:23 PM »
So I know this is not the right place for it, but since it has come up, did you have Jonsu really do those things? Or did the old boys make it all up? I never did find out.

I am 90% sure if my memory is correct that Jonsu really did do those things. I recall that my character (Constantine) received a game-mechanics message that said gold was going missing before the allegations started flying, which from an OOC perspective pretty much means she was guilty.

Ofc at the time Constantine was convinced she was innocent and remained a supporter of Jonsu's until she left for Luria (which is why he took her betrayal so personally), however OOC I'm pretty certain there was something fishy going on.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #560: February 26, 2013, 10:32:18 PM »
I was glad to see her gone, and quite disappointed when Bowie insisted that she stay. What an unpleasant character... bitching all the time for the sake of bitching. And vindictive against the ones she was the one to betray, as if it was somehow our fault she was corrupt, stole tax gold from region lords, and defected to the enemy. The allegations were real, and I believe the player even confirmed it OOC.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #561: February 27, 2013, 12:51:10 AM »
Whoa, so each one of those twelve characters could potentially field a ten-thousand CS army? And each could be worth as much as thirty-thousand CS? That is insane!

Be glad you weren't around BT for the Fourth Invasion. We were absurdly, insanely outmatched.

From what I have seen, the Zuma field a mix of daimon and monster units. Both are bad. The daimons tend to either be very long-ranged SF units (dishing out thousands of hits at 5+ lines away) or apocalyptically powerful cavalry-type units that can fly (and charge) over walls. One unit of charging daimons can devastate an entire army's infantry line. Also of note, they have no discernible morale and units will fight to the death every single time.

Monsters are another story. They're less explosive in terms of damage output, but also far harder to kill and they can come in truly obscene numbers. Monster armies have no special capabilities I'm aware of, they're just really big and really tough. They will outlast you in combat. Their weakness is relatively poor morale. The way you win against them is by making them rout before they grind your army into bits, which is exactly what will happen to you if they don't rout.

It's extremely hard to estimate daimon and monster combat-effectiveness because the units tend to vary considerably in different times and places, and are not always consistently named. It's entirely possible that the Zuma units have customized capabilities that make them different than their BT counterparts, but I would guess that there are similarities to the basic outline I have described.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #562: February 27, 2013, 12:55:48 AM »
Dear lord, why can't the Zuma build roads. D:

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #563: February 27, 2013, 01:02:58 AM »
So, how long until the Zuma demand a thousand unique items in tribute from Aurvandil for taking regions on the frontier as they did with Barca?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #564: February 27, 2013, 01:12:19 AM »

It's extremely hard to estimate daimon and monster combat-effectiveness because the units tend to vary considerably in different times and places, and are not always consistently named. It's entirely possible that the Zuma units have customized capabilities that make them different than their BT counterparts, but I would guess that there are similarities to the basic outline I have described.

Find your self an adventurer and have him find out.
Adventurers can investigate Monster, Undead and i also think Daimon units.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #565: February 27, 2013, 01:18:03 AM »
Find your self an adventurer and have him find out.
Adventurers can investigate Monster, Undead and i also think Daimon units.

Can't investigate Daimon units.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #566: February 27, 2013, 01:29:40 AM »
My adventurer has a banishment scroll...
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #567: February 27, 2013, 01:33:30 AM »

Which will work exactly once and only piss them off.

Use it well, brave sir. use it well.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #568: February 27, 2013, 01:57:48 AM »
Can't investigate Daimon units.

sounds reasonable

You can fool a stupid troll or a rotting skull, but never mistake a daimons senses for being dull.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #569: February 27, 2013, 02:16:44 AM »

...which he can't read.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan