Author Topic: Cities and Duchies  (Read 32476 times)

Dekion

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Cities and Duchies
« Topic Start: February 05, 2012, 04:56:21 PM »
I am using my husbands log on here but I am getting very frustrated with the new duchy and city system on testing.  I have a character Redemption who was named the duchess of Itau and was able to do nothing.  She could not even find an estate in the region, it was as if nothing was there.  She was not able to be named lord of the region either.

After a week of waiting and trying to figure something out someone suggested she step down as duchess, get named lord, and then reappointed as duchess.  That seemed to work!  Excellent.  So she created some estates and changed some tax settings and began attracting interested knights.

Now here is the part that I cannot understand.  The duchy of Itau is part of the Duchy of Via.  However on the region page in information tab it lists Itau as a separate duchy, but the actual region is under the duchy of Via.  The Earl of Itaufield would like to form a duchy of Itau with Itau City and Itaufield as a beginning but he has no option to swear allegiance to a city that is not its own duchy.  Which then brings me back to the point of where it shows Itau as both a duchy and a region within another duchy.

I have also tried to swear Itau to itself fto form another separate duchy but that didnt work either.

The only thing I can think of is to secede Itau City and then reswear to Asylon?  But could I swear back to Asylon and not Via?  I really dont know.  The very weird thing is that a month ago when the new changes had already been implemented a similar situation came up and Itau was a separate duchy, now it isnt.  Any suggestions?