Author Topic: Idea: Plate Mail  (Read 28329 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Idea: Plate Mail
« Reply #75: March 04, 2012, 11:02:36 PM »
That's a different topic.

And I agree, we need more war.

Once the Doctrine conversion is complete, I have on my TODO list a revamping of the character stats (prestige, honour) to bring this back to what it originally was - including one stat important for character development that you can ONLY improve in battle - and I would exclude battles against undead and monsters from that.

Maybe there should be some kind of bonus for wounding and killing enemy commanders?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #76: March 05, 2012, 12:46:38 AM »
Maybe there should be some kind of bonus for wounding and killing enemy commanders?

Too random

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: March 05, 2012, 02:15:24 PM »
Tom,
I do not want to suggest that you overreacted on the other similarily titled thread, but I notice that you did not jump on my suggestion to have the items remain at 0% without disintigrating into dust.  Is this because you did not notice it or because there would be different rules regarding unique items and armour? 
If it is the former, I would suggest that perhaps you should be able to choose whether to use/wear the armour or to have it in storage.  With the armour in storage not accumulating any damage but obviously not bestowing any of its benefits.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: March 05, 2012, 02:25:53 PM »
Too random

Would you like this new stat to be important or necessary?

If it is merely important, than having it being random is not a bad thing. Some characters will have more of it than others, which will create diversity; and those who absolutely want it will have an obvious way to gain it: get a large unit with strong weapons rating and set it to murderous.

If it is necessary, however, then I understand why you would want to make it more predictable, however please do think of the priests, infiltrators and other assorted characters when you design it. They are important too, and sending everyone to the warrior class will not in itself lead to more wars.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: March 05, 2012, 03:18:13 PM »
Tom,
I do not want to suggest that you overreacted on the other similarily titled thread, but I notice that you did not jump on my suggestion to have the items remain at 0% without disintigrating into dust.  Is this because you did not notice it or because there would be different rules regarding unique items and armour? 
If it is the former, I would suggest that perhaps you should be able to choose whether to use/wear the armour or to have it in storage.  With the armour in storage not accumulating any damage but obviously not bestowing any of its benefits.

When a thread has been locked, please do not attempt to bring issues from that thread into another ongoing thread. This thread was split for a reason, and that thread was locked for a reason.

If you believe a question of yours was not resolved, then either start a new thread, or send Tom a personal message.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: March 05, 2012, 03:26:15 PM »
When a thread has been locked, please do not attempt to bring issues from that thread into another ongoing thread. This thread was split for a reason, and that thread was locked for a reason.

If you believe a question of yours was not resolved, then either start a new thread, or send Tom a personal message.

The other thread was about unique items, while this thread is about the eventual "Plate Armour" new feature. I think Charles' question is related to plate armours specifically.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: March 05, 2012, 03:44:29 PM »
I am mostly curious about what the difference between the armour and unique items will be.  I wanted to know whether armour would also be kept as non-permanant.  Similar suggestions were made on both threads and one recieved a reply whereas the other did not.  My question was an attempt to discover the reason for Tom's silence on the issue in this thread as opposed to the other. 
I am sorry if this has caused confusion.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #82: March 05, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »

For unique items: Think it through and you'll find the flaw in it.
For armour: Where did I say that armour would even have a damage value? Nowhere, that's right.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #83: March 05, 2012, 06:23:28 PM »
I think we can close this thread.

The idea has successfully been killed by overcomplicating it, bringing in personal pet issues, branching off to completely unrelated topics and other crap like that. I seriously question the wisdom of ever opening a forum, the productivity of the mailing list was ten times higher.