Author Topic: RP as an adventurer  (Read 3312 times)

Kieyt

• Peasant
    • View Profile
RP as an adventurer
« Topic Start: February 28, 2012, 12:16:23 AM »
I'm looking for the proper "OOC" etiquette for Adventurer RP.  I know most nobles are free to send it to "everyone" or whatever, but is it considered poor form to "bug the nobles" with what my adventurer is up to?  Should I limit it just to other adventurers in the area?  I can't seem to find a real, solid answer on this.

Zakilevo

Re: RP as an adventurer
« Reply #1: February 28, 2012, 12:24:52 AM »
I think RPs are for everyone. It is how characters interact is it not? You can send it to everyone in the vicinity and I am sure people won't mind reading RPs of adventurers.

Kieyt

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 28, 2012, 12:28:10 AM »
That's what I was figuring, especially since they seem to find themselves in unique situations in relation to the nobles.  Just didn't know if there was a hard etiquette line on who should see it and who shouldn't.

Kieyt

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 28, 2012, 12:32:05 AM »
(sorry for double post)

I remember someone telling me it's usually best to keep your head down and avoid drawing attention as an Adv.  Someone told me you're pretty much target-practice for bored Infils, and that if you draw attention to your name/location, you're a pretty easy mark.

I guess I'm worried that dropping an RP might have some people jump on me simply because they can.  Then again, I'm used to very spiteful people, too (thanks, WoW/EVE/etc)

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: February 28, 2012, 12:42:19 AM »
Well... There are !@#$%^&s like me who arrests any adventurer on sight. That is probably why you have to think about keeping your head down. ;) If you don't want people joining your RP, say it as an OOC message. I am sure people will stay out of it if they are nice.

Kieyt

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 28, 2012, 12:47:04 AM »
Remind me to buy you something for Christmas, ya nice guy you.

Nah, no point in it being OOC.  I don't mind if people join in.  Besides, even if I have to do a lot of boot-licking, he's gotta eventually interact with them nobles anyway if he wants to climb the ladder to be one himself.

Not that he'd ever openly admit that is what he is trying to do, of course.

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: February 28, 2012, 12:50:08 AM »
I am sure you will do fine. Even I would not throw someone who RPs into a dungeon.

Kieyt

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: February 28, 2012, 01:01:17 AM »
Even I would not throw someone who RPs into a dungeon.

The powers that be say that is a very powerful statement.  :P

The RP was sent out anyway.  Of course, it was right as I sent I realized I'm actually sitting in a rogue region with two forces duking it out right on top of me.  Wee!

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: February 28, 2012, 03:32:13 AM »
The powers that be say that is a very powerful statement.  :P

The RP was sent out anyway.  Of course, it was right as I sent I realized I'm actually sitting in a rogue region with two forces duking it out right on top of me.  Wee!

In doubt, RP. It's always good.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

La Blakeshadow

• Freeman
  • Your useless info is My RP gold.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 07, 2012, 08:01:22 AM »
With my playing style as an adventurer, I ended up stepping on many land-mines.

and if suddenly the Judge of the realm appears in the region your in, after speaking rumors of you getting your hands on a unique item, run.

he wants it free xD
Sick of fighting monsters and undead?
hunt sages,wizards, and priests.
Each talk crazy and are fun to chase.