Author Topic: The Crusade against SA  (Read 173780 times)

The Arch Saxon

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: The Crusade against SA
« Reply #45: March 18, 2011, 03:52:27 PM »
You're mostly notorious for gaming the mechanics. It's not a compliment when the mechanics of certain parts of the game are changed simply to stop you from exploiting them.

When have I ever exploited the game mechanics?

I though he was notorious for getting realms wiped out, and then claiming it was all part of the plan for FUN.

That too. But it wasn't intentional to get them wiped out, merely to get them to actually do something fun.

All that means is your clan was small initially, and you grew it. Congratulations. Either way, there's no way Thulsoma (or Averoth for that matter) could have come up with the kind of forces they did without exploiting *something*. The last scout report of Yggdramir tells me there's 12k CS there, and Valkyrja has level 7 walls. In a realm with two to five (depending on the time frame) incredibly poor regions? Months ago when the war started they still had 10k CS. That's *absurd*. Obviously they couldn't get close to that with only their tax gold. If they could then why isn't Asylon rocking a huge army? So... Where is the rest of it coming from?

When you have no gold, you learn to make gold by whatever means necessary, when you don't have troops, you learn to get troops and to keep them. Everything in Thulsoma was meticulously planned out and calculated, in realms like Astrum, who in a single week, produce more than Thulsoma would have in a year, you waste your gold, your troops, because it doesn't matter.  Look at Shrine Of Seeklander, you've had that region for how long? And it's still only a level three! The bottom line is, realms like Astrum piss away their gold and they never stockpile it, or use it properly.

Storms Keep was only a level two when I got it, but through a hell of a lot of hard work, sacrifice on the parts of my nobles, and a pretty much communistical approach to gold income, we built a level Seven, a system I basically incorporated from Averoth. Astrum's weekly income, is pretty much equal, if not more than the amount of gold it takes to build up several levels of a Citadel in a Stronghold. Averoth, ever since Sextus took over, has worked ridiculously hard, to get what they have built, not a single coin wasted, and extremely profitable trading allowed them to do it. To claim they got it through wrong doing it utterly ridiculous, again I will say Astrum has a ridiculously high gold income per week, so much so a thousand gold pieces or more means nothing to you, as opposed to realms like Averoth, and Thulsoma who have nothing in the way of actual income from their regions, and so must work all the harder to get gold, and to make the gold count. Are you actually trying to claim foul, because your enemies are infinitely more skilled, resourceful and hardworking than you are? Because it actually gives them a chance to stand up against you? Even with all this, Astrum can simply outfinance Averoth by far, it can produce more troops, and in a single week, produce more gold than Averoth ever will in months, and will be able to produce armies far, far larger.

So don't complain, when your enemy actually raise themselves, through hard work, determination and meticulous planning to get to where they are, when realms like Astrum, literally have it handed to them.

Out of all the players in the game, I don't know any who have invested more time than Sextus in trying to understand the game coding, and how to play the game properly, and spent so much time trying to raise a tiny, poor, weak realm to a decent realm to be in, and so it is incredibly annoying when other players, who pretty don't have to work for anything in their realms, and basically for a majority of their existence, haven't ever had to try and claim its unfair that the small, poor, weak realms actually turn themselves into something, with what little they have.