Author Topic: The Crusade against SA  (Read 173710 times)

Karnen

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: The Crusade against SA
« Reply #270: June 21, 2011, 11:35:38 AM »
Wow, that should not be allowed, in my opinion. One noble per Dwilight, paused or not.

I want another character on Dwilight!!  :(

The other continents are boring  ;)

I'm new to the forum btw! I'm also a new player!

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #271: June 21, 2011, 11:36:47 AM »
Welcome to the game then, Karnen. It might be nice to hear first impressions, so we can improve, all together, this game for new players.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Karnen

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #272: June 21, 2011, 11:43:32 AM »
Welcome to the game then, Karnen. It might be nice to hear first impressions, so we can improve, all together, this game for new players.

Hi! I found the game a bit overwhelming at first but now I think I'm finally getting the hang of it!

But it might have something to do with the fact I've been looking for a game like this for a while now I guess... But yeah, Dwilight is the only continent I find truly enjoyable... I'd love to make a new character! All these realms look great fun! And nobody in my realm wants religion atm... kind of dissapointing....

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #273: June 21, 2011, 11:48:45 AM »
If you want a religious realm, I'd invite you to Ibladesh. I always invite people to Ibladesh. We just need more nobles. :)

Anyways, thanks for your (short) description of your first experience. If you have any tips on making it less overwhelming... please give them. Like: would a thorough tutorial (click-through tutorial with text or spoken) help you better? Or a youtube video that briefly explains the game?
Ardet nec consumitur.

Karnen

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #274: June 21, 2011, 11:55:03 AM »
If you want a religious realm, I'd invite you to Ibladesh. I always invite people to Ibladesh. We just need more nobles. :)

I'll be there ASAP

Or a youtube video that briefly explains the game?

That sounds really good actually! :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #275: June 21, 2011, 12:44:09 PM »
Beluaterra is still licking its wounds from the last invasion, but that's a place you can always count on for action.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #276: June 21, 2011, 04:21:46 PM »
Beluaterra is still licking its wounds from the last invasion, but that's a place you can always count on for action.

Not right now it isn't. It's actually deathly boring, apart from the routine battles against rogue forces. Of course, I fully expect that *something* is going to happen to break up the monotony, but until it does I don't recommend BT as a way to escape boredom.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #277: June 21, 2011, 04:32:48 PM »
From what I've heard, Beluaterra is going to explode into wars real soon... but I might have been fed lies.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Zakilevo

« Reply #278: June 21, 2011, 11:34:20 PM »
I hope it does I mean there is hardly anything I can do as a general at the moment. Only thing I am doing right now is making marshals do all the work and just looking at the map..

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #279: June 22, 2011, 03:57:00 AM »
Not right now it isn't. It's actually deathly boring, apart from the routine battles against rogue forces. Of course, I fully expect that *something* is going to happen to break up the monotony, but until it does I don't recommend BT as a way to escape boredom.

As I said, still licking its wounds. The current situation is extremely unusual.

Personally, I blame character mortality. We'd totally have bashed back on Riombara for all their foul play if the invasion hadn't totally crippled us... They still owe us a royal's head, after all.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #280: June 22, 2011, 04:00:47 AM »
As I said, still licking its wounds. The current situation is extremely unusual.

Personally, I blame character mortality. We'd totally have bashed back on Riombara for all their foul play if the invasion hadn't totally crippled us... They still owe us a royal's head, after all.

You mean that Royal captured in the the lowly act of sabotage?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #281: June 22, 2011, 04:05:22 AM »
You mean that Royal captured in the the lowly act of sabotage?

No, of course not. That royal on a diplomatic mission savagely arrested.  8)

Regardless, though, there was a specific treaty against executions of prisoners at the time. Breaking the treaty was supported by a great number of Riombara's nobles, and the offender was merely asked to leave, where he then went to serve in an allied realm that later backstabbed Enweil. Southern propaganda might have made people forget, but *that* is the reason that Enweil was on a war for the destruction of Riombara, lest it receive the head of either the executioner or Delvin as compensation, which (unsurprisingly) Riombara was never willing to grant. Executions of royals should not be taken lightly.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #282: June 22, 2011, 04:15:32 AM »
No, of course not. That royal on a diplomatic mission savagely arrested.  8)

Regardless, though, there was a specific treaty against executions of prisoners at the time. Breaking the treaty was supported by a great number of Riombara's nobles, and the offender was merely asked to leave, where he then went to serve in an allied realm that later backstabbed Enweil. Southern propaganda might have made people forget, but *that* is the reason that Enweil was on a war for the destruction of Riombara, lest it receive the head of either the executioner or Delvin as compensation, which (unsurprisingly) Riombara was never willing to grant. Executions of royals should not be taken lightly.

A realm willing to recognised the "Royality" of someone captured as a infiltrator should also not be taken lightly, no matter the excuses they try to come up with to mask the game generated message that they were captured in the act. My understanding was your "royal" had used their status to avoid such a fate before, guess things just caught up with them.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283: June 22, 2011, 12:51:23 PM »
Katja was well known for using  her connection to the rulership of Enweil to try to avoid punishment. She would often threaten the judge with war with Enweil if they banned her.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #284: June 22, 2011, 01:18:59 PM »
Katja was well known for using  her connection to the rulership of Enweil to try to avoid punishment. She would often threaten the judge with war with Enweil if they banned her.

War was already declared, and there was a prisoner treaty with explicit articles about infils. And the royal family was not the main source of outrage, very little of the calls for revenge actually came from them at all.