Author Topic: The Crusade against SA  (Read 176035 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Crusade against SA
« Reply #345: July 03, 2011, 08:58:22 PM »
Allison is like the pit-bull of SA, but she isn't completely crazy, just mostly crazy.   Besides, nobles she likes are in positions of authority in Terran.  Rebuilding GF from the ashes it will be in when I finally do get it will take a /long/ time. 

Expanding the faith is always a goal for her though.  So she will be a slightly nosy neighbor.

It would be a shame if Terran changed its spots and turned against the Church. Of course, being neighbors with Allison is generally an excellent way to contract anti-SA disease. I don't envy Terran that challenge in the event that her dreams of a colony in GF come to pass.

So is it a 100% sure thing that, if/when Caerwyn is defeated, Allison would be the leader of a new realm in Golden Farrow? I had been assuming ya'll were joking.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #346: July 03, 2011, 09:17:06 PM »
So is it a 100% sure thing that, if/when Caerwyn is defeated, Allison would be the leader of a new realm in Golden Farrow? I had been assuming ya'll were joking.

It isn't a 100% sure thing.  Nothing ever is, but I give it good odds...   I need a new base of operations!
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #347: July 04, 2011, 01:47:34 AM »
No one in Caerwyn will talk to Allison.  She is trying to convince them to capitulate!

Allison left a pretty haughty letter at a temple for the elders of VE. Got a chuckle, sent a "who is this schmuck to treat us as a courtier?" letter, and threw it away.

Good times.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #348: July 04, 2011, 02:15:08 AM »
I had fun writing the letter to the VE Elders.  I doubted it would get passed along, but it got the point across.   I am hoping to remove Caerwyn from the map.  At some point the Lords and Dukes of Caerwyn will begin to cave in to pressure.    8)

I finally was able to get the contact information for Tsuboh, Duke of Golden Farrow.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #349: July 04, 2011, 03:34:14 AM »

Yes, well, that was my idea, and the joke's on everyone who wanted to destroy SA. It was my brilliant (if I do say so myself) solution to the Entai problem. When Caerwyn stabbed us in the back, Astrum was in a pretty bad spot. We needed Morek's help ASAP, but their army was going to be unavailable until the Entai problem was solved. So, knowing that a big part of the dispute between Busto and Allison was Allison's desire to found a colony and Busto's refusal to let all those nobles go, I came up with a diabolical proposal. Allison would abandon Entai and do everything possible to facilitate Morek's reconquest of Aegir. In return, she and her followers would be offered a place in Astrum to help us fight and, assuming the war went well, Astrum would support a colony for her and her followers in Golden Farrow.

Out of this Faustian bargain, Rowan got 10+ nobles for Astrum's war effort, Morek's army in the field weeks before it would have been available otherwise, and instant unity within what had previously been a fractured Church. It didn't cost Rowan a thing, either. Busto and Allison both respected him enough that as soon as the offer was made, it was virtually a done deal. Given the course of the war, it looks like Golden Farrow will eventually be home to the newest Theocracy of Sanguis Astroism, our detractors be damned.

We aren't *trying* to conquer the whole continent, but if people keep screwing with us the way they have been it might just happen anyway  :)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #350: July 04, 2011, 04:46:11 AM »
Yes, well, that was my idea, and the joke's on everyone who wanted to destroy SA. It was my brilliant (if I do say so myself) solution to the Entai problem. When Caerwyn stabbed us in the back, Astrum was in a pretty bad spot. We needed Morek's help ASAP, but their army was going to be unavailable until the Entai problem was solved. So, knowing that a big part of the dispute between Busto and Allison was Allison's desire to found a colony and Busto's refusal to let all those nobles go, I came up with a diabolical proposal. Allison would abandon Entai and do everything possible to facilitate Morek's reconquest of Aegir. In return, she and her followers would be offered a place in Astrum to help us fight and, assuming the war went well, Astrum would support a colony for her and her followers in Golden Farrow.

Out of this Faustian bargain, Rowan got 10+ nobles for Astrum's war effort, Morek's army in the field weeks before it would have been available otherwise, and instant unity within what had previously been a fractured Church. It didn't cost Rowan a thing, either. Busto and Allison both respected him enough that as soon as the offer was made, it was virtually a done deal. Given the course of the war, it looks like Golden Farrow will eventually be home to the newest Theocracy of Sanguis Astroism, our detractors be damned.

We aren't *trying* to conquer the whole continent, but if people keep screwing with us the way they have been it might just happen anyway  :)

That... is actually one of the savvier pieces of BM politics I've heard about recently. That's really quite a coup. Elegant even.

Now if Allison could be knifed in her sleep, leaving her group leaderless and no claimant to Golden Farrow with Astrum having complete and unmitigated rights to it, then it would be perfect.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #351: July 04, 2011, 07:23:41 AM »
That... is actually one of the savvier pieces of BM politics I've heard about recently. That's really quite a coup. Elegant even.

Now if Allison could be knifed in her sleep, leaving her group leaderless and no claimant to Golden Farrow with Astrum having complete and unmitigated rights to it, then it would be perfect.

Hey now! If Allison is Tina Turner in Beyond Thunderdome, then Glaumring is Madmax!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #352: July 05, 2011, 12:38:35 AM »

I like my part in all of this.  I secede, start a civil war in Morek and then con Baal.  He attacked Astrum because he thought they were weak and now I am leading Astrum's army against Caerwyn and I just looted Baal's region, Itaufield. 

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #353: July 05, 2011, 05:14:18 AM »

Thank you, I was quite proud of it myself. I will admit to actually giggling with glee every time I thought about it for several days after I came up with this.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #354: July 05, 2011, 11:11:39 AM »
Thank you, I was quite proud of it myself. I will admit to actually giggling with glee every time I thought about it for several days after I came up with this.

Indeed brilliant.

The only troublesome consequence is that Allison's ego has no boundaries these days, and every now and then letters sent by her to caerwyn reach us with a lot of protests. I guess that's her problem once she leads a realm and people will start knocking on her door to ask explanations for her words.

oh and I hope this remains all ooc - for real. an ambassador of morek is on his way to terran and it's likely that she'll receive a LOT of questions about the Allison thing. It would be disappointing to ruin this nice piece of game with ooc knowledge coming from the forum
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 11:13:25 AM by Peri »

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #355: July 05, 2011, 11:18:33 AM »
The only troublesome consequence is that Allison's ego has no boundaries these days

It had one before? I have to admit never to have stumbled upon it. It must well hidden.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Karnen

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #356: July 05, 2011, 11:32:09 AM »
oh and I hope this remains all ooc - for real. an ambassador of morek is on his way to terran and it's likely that she'll receive a LOT of questions about the Allison thing. It would be disappointing to ruin this nice piece of game with ooc knowledge coming from the forum

It's kind of hard to avoid isn't it? I notice it a lot when a bunch of nobles suddenly stop arguing IC because they came to an OOC agreement on the forum. Maybe thats a good thing though.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357: July 05, 2011, 04:00:30 PM »
Baal gave us the idea. Blame him. :)

It really depends on Caerwyn. So far, they haven't even hinted at wanting to end the war. We'll see what winter does to them. I have a feeling Caerwyn is going to have a /very/ bad winter.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Jhaelen Irsei

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #358: July 05, 2011, 04:29:30 PM »
It's kind of hard to avoid isn't it? I notice it a lot when a bunch of nobles suddenly stop arguing IC because they came to an OOC agreement on the forum. Maybe thats a good thing though.

Personally I think it's bad, really bad. No one can prevent players to chat or whatever but this topic is becoming an IC/OOC mix and I think this can harm the flavor of the game.

The info I read here I use them IC as gossip or coming from untrusted sources

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #359: July 05, 2011, 07:38:47 PM »
Personally I think it's bad, really bad. No one can prevent players to chat or whatever but this topic is becoming an IC/OOC mix and I think this can harm the flavor of the game.

The info I read here I use them IC as gossip or coming from untrusted sources

Wait, you think it's bad but you still use the *completely* OOC information you read here IC? Information from the forums should never be used IC. I get that it probably subconsciously affects people's decision making whether we want it to or not (we're all human after all), but to refer to it directly IC is crossing a line.