Author Topic: The Crusade against SA  (Read 176064 times)

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Crusade against SA
« Reply #375: July 26, 2011, 12:13:05 PM »
I feel like Terran's pretty safe too  :)
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #376: July 27, 2011, 10:22:33 PM »
Yeah, and watch, Allison's gonna go all "Arawrawrblagh *foam foam* ATTACK!!!!" to everyone south of Golden Farrow.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #377: July 28, 2011, 02:35:46 AM »
That would give the south a reason to unite against a common enemy. Would be /quite/ interesting...
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #378: July 28, 2011, 03:45:17 AM »
That would give the south a reason to unite against a common enemy. Would be /quite/ interesting...

Yes, because we're so disorganized and fractured right now...
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #379: July 28, 2011, 04:19:45 AM »
Yeah, and watch, Allison's gonna go all "Arawrawrblagh *foam foam* ATTACK!!!!" to everyone south of Golden Farrow.

Where is the "like" button for this forum?
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #380: July 28, 2011, 06:47:12 AM »
And watch as Gustav becomes her loyal attack wolf. He is believing more and more that his path is by Allison's side.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #381: July 28, 2011, 02:59:33 PM »
Yes, because we're so disorganized and fractured right now...

I'm counting Aurvandil, Madina and perhaps the Lurias and Fissoa. The whole south, not southern Occidens.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #382: July 31, 2011, 03:42:06 AM »
Aurvandil would be entirely useless in sending any sort of meaningful aide that far north. Even if they weren't in war with Madina I doubt they could spare even 1000 CS for the length of time it would require to reach the battle lines.

The Lurias are likewise too far to be useful and honestly I doubt we would need them.

Madina on the other hand may be able to send some help and, honestly, I think they would. After their whole "League of Free NAtions" speech it would be hypocritical of them not too.

On the other hand they could take the ultimate douchebag approach and not help us since we didnt help them, even though it would be an entirely different situation.

Even still, its a pretty unrealistic scenario. Our northern most Duke is a loyal Astroist and, unless he is the ultimate betrayer, a loyal Terran as well. In addition, our ruler is another prominent Astroist. There is no reason for Alana to declare war. Although of course, one can always come up or simply be manufactured...

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #383: July 31, 2011, 03:43:14 AM »
Also, I feel that Asylon, even with it's SA ties, would aide us.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #384: July 31, 2011, 04:21:07 AM »
The Lurias are likewise too far to be useful and honestly I doubt we would need them.

They're still close enough to some of the Occidental/Southern realms to make a difference ;)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #385: July 31, 2011, 05:39:01 AM »
Also, I feel that Asylon, even with it's SA ties, would aide us.

Asylon is not a theocracy, we follow our ruler. Our nation is composed of 3 separate religions. Probably evenly split down the middle VE/SA with the new CB having a few members. Our nation is constantly being pushed back and forth by whoever has influence and wants to see their religious ideas go a certain way. I personally would rush to Terran's aid in a heartbeat, they took me in after my banishment from D'hara after the revolt there and I have always felt very loyal to Terran. I have always pushed for close relations with Terran. I would say that our nation is split between Caerwyn and Terran for influence and direction.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #386: July 31, 2011, 07:39:41 AM »
Realms which can't support with troops can send gold or food, assuming they have anything to spare.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #387: July 31, 2011, 10:31:58 AM »
Even still, its a pretty unrealistic scenario. Our northern most Duke is a loyal Astroist and, unless he is the ultimate betrayer, a loyal Terran as well. In addition, our ruler is another prominent Astroist. There is no reason for Alana to declare war. Although of course, one can always come up or simply be manufactured...

Indeed.

Really, the worst thing SA could do for SA in Maroccidens is make war on Terran/the Véinsørmoot. It would ensure that a very open and tolerant opinion toward SA was turned into a completely negative one.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388: July 31, 2011, 01:20:03 PM »
SA doesn't pick its enemies. Its enemies volunteer themselves through some self-selection process we really don't understand. Whenever we need one... *pop* one just shows up.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #389: July 31, 2011, 03:08:35 PM »

This is very true; both Astrum and Morek as well as the Elders (thanks to Labell) would be totally against a war against Terran. Allison can go haywire all she wants but she won't have the full support of SA unless we are attacked first.