Author Topic: Academies as a paraphernalia source (as requested)  (Read 8863 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I know you did not get maximum skill from Academy since academy only goes up to 80% not 100% so you could not have maxed out a skill through academy.

Let me clarify, I've never gotten to max skill level by combat alone. I recommend reading some of the thread I mentioned to get an idea of the various issues people had with the academy. I'm not doing the best job representing them all.

The archery skill might sound good but what would you use it for? If there is no benefit there is no need to have it.

The archery contest is a classic part medieval tournament tradition. Therefore it would be another event option at tournaments. Robin Hood anyone? That could be cool, in the unlikely event that two players get a perfect roll the message could read "sir suchandsuch's arrow strikes the precise spot where lord soandso's arrow struck, cleaving it in two!"

Did people ever used to have duels by archery? That would be cool too.

I'm not sure if hero characters add more cs when they have a high sword fighting skill, but if so it could be the same for a high archer skill.