Author Topic: Reworking Prestige/Honour, etc.  (Read 35908 times)

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Reworking Prestige/Honour, etc.
« Reply #90: April 02, 2012, 03:55:18 PM »
As I do not really play the religion part of the game and usually can't join tournaments as most of my characters are in govt, I would like to see more options for gaining largess.
I like the family investments in other regions option, perhaps family investments in your own region can add to a lesser degree.
Being a sponsor of an army could add largess, so long as the treasury is kept from emptying. 
I would like to see a way of sponsoring poorer region lords as getting points in this as well. 

As for points for giving an item away, I have used unique items as a portable bank.  Sell the item to a noble in need of gold for 0 gold, and buy it back from them at a higher price.   I would therefore not want too much restriction on getting largess from giving away an item, but I recognize that there needs to be enough to keep people from gaming the system.  I can think of a variety of restrictions that accomplish this without being too restrictive.  They all do require saving more information with an item.  I have no idea how much work this would be.  How much information is saved with each item?  How difficult would it be to keep track of who the previous owners are?  How much they payed for the item?  etc.