Author Topic: Realm Ratings  (Read 6927 times)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Realm Ratings
« Topic Start: March 25, 2012, 09:59:56 PM »
So in other words you want realms to be unbalanced, either dead as can be because it got a bad rating and people would have livened it up but saw the low rating and didn't want to join that realm
Yeah, I'd rather not have too many of those. What is the point of playing in a ghost realm that offers little experience? I guess that those who wanna play as drones (and I am aware there are many who like that) can of course choose to play there. I prefer not to.

or realm's that are super active and full of roleplay always because it got good ratings so all the active people and roleplayers joined that realm instead of a realm that has fewer active people and people who roleplay not as often because it got a bad rating.

If you mean roleplays as in sending a lot of letter tagged as roleplays, then no, I don't make that mandatory. Rp's are nice and can spice things up, but they are not crucial.
If you mean roleplays as in "majority of players playing their characters as a role, and have at least a small resemblance to real, "live" characters", then yes, I'd definitely like that and would give the best rating to such realms.

I think that there are many ways to play this game. Some like to play it semi-actively, some don't. To ride a fine line according to Tom's guidance on how the game should be played is, in my opinion, that what the new players should get a feel of when they join. The rating system would allow for new players not to "end up in the wrong place", sort of. It may not really be the wrong place, but may not be the best place for a newbie to start. If the rating system would lead the new players to the realm that truly defines BM in its most beautiful form, then I'd say it would be a success. Seriously, starting up in some craphole where no one greets you, no one helps you and no one says a damn thing for a month, probably wouldn't make the player stick around. I am not saying this system I proposed is best, but devising any sort of system that can show some quality play to new players would be beneficial, and in the long term it would probably affect the growth of the player base.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)