Author Topic: Fontan vs Westmoor III: third times a charm  (Read 66189 times)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Fontan vs Westmoor III: third times a charm
« Reply #105: April 27, 2012, 05:26:29 PM »
I should note that I managed to become General of Fontan in late 2009 by pushing for more imaginative strategies, but when the Marshals of the realm all refused to actually implement those strategies, and the Judge (who happened to be more or less the leader of the orthodox faction) supported their disobedience, I stepped down after less than a month and left in disgust.

Since that time, Fontan has gone continually downhill.

Moira was so disillusioned with the military command that she built her own alternative around the Bureau of Irregular Warfare. We never had more than perhaps half-a-dozen players involved, but mixing religion, smuggling and raiding in northern Sirion at least relieved the tedium and caused some actual damage.

I took a year out from late 2009 and when I returned the situation was much the same, only Fontan was considerably poorer and the end that much more apparent.

As I say, she's been living on borrowed time for a year now. The plug is about to be pulled and those of us who like the idea of a medieval democracy will have to find somewhere else to satisfy our fancies.