Author Topic: Fontan vs Westmoor III: third times a charm  (Read 66038 times)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Fontan vs Westmoor III: third times a charm
« Reply #90: April 20, 2012, 01:57:36 AM »
Generally, I'd say the official unofficial policy on name changes is that from an IC perspective, they can be considered retroactive.  That is, once you, the player, know that Monte Cristo was once named High Guard, your characters all know that the character was always named Monte Cristo, and everything that High Guard did, they know was actually done by Monte Cristo.

This is because name changes are not an IC tool to change your RP or escape from a bad rep; they are an OOC tool to change bad/inappropriate names into good/appropriate ones.

On the other hand foreign nobility are foreign nobility, and the particulars of their lives and true names may or may not be known further afield - especially to latter generations.

Merlin: STAND BACK! Be silent! Be still!
Merlin: That's it... and look upon this moment. Savor it! Rejoice with great gladness! Great gladness! Remember it always, for you are joined by it. You are One, under the stars. Remember it well, then... this night, this great victory. So that in the years ahead, you can say, 'I was there that night, with Arthur, the King!' For it is the doom of men that they forget.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: April 20, 2012, 05:48:48 PM »
Really, we don't have that many Old Rancaguan characters there. We have Neji, Monte Cristo, Talius, and Olaf and that's about it. The rest are either additions from Sirion, Fontan, or other realms.

I could see if Boeth had any kids while in the North =p  But I rather like the Giselle and Gregor dynamics of mistrust and devotion.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: April 26, 2012, 05:18:05 PM »
Finally it begins. Caligus join in Westmoor versus Fontan war :o

War!   (5 hours, 17 minutes ago)
Caligus has declared war on us!
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: April 26, 2012, 05:23:46 PM »
\o/
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: April 26, 2012, 06:46:56 PM »
Finally it begins. Caligus join in Westmoor versus Fontan war :o

War!   (5 hours, 17 minutes ago)
Caligus has declared war on us!

By the third time as well!  ;D

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #95: April 26, 2012, 09:53:31 PM »
Only the third?

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: April 27, 2012, 04:43:53 AM »
Wait, isn't Perdan going to war with Caligus for breaking the 1v1 war? No? This is SHOCKING news!  /end_sarcasm... Ah, Hypocrites.  ::)

Zakilevo

« Reply #97: April 27, 2012, 04:49:36 AM »
Wait, isn't Perdan going to war with Caligus for breaking the 1v1 war? No? This is SHOCKING news!  /end_sarcasm... Ah, Hypocrites.  ::)

Well Caligus kicked Perdan's ass once. Perdan is still going through the hip reconstruction surgery. Have to be careful...

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: April 27, 2012, 04:55:26 AM »
This is madness, this is Caligus! 8)

I do not remember when I first had character in Fontan that Caligus ever fight a war honorably 1 on 1. What I read was from historybook on Battlemaster Wikipedia. How Caligus overran their long time nemesis Yssaria 1 on 1. Maybe that is the only time ::)

Oh, well. Somebody try buy Oporto region from Fontan. All war tactics and strategy will be utilize to maximum effect. May the greatest War General and Strategist like Sun Tzu wins eh!  ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: April 27, 2012, 05:17:49 AM »
Caligus did not really fight Yssaria 1v1. I remember Perdan helping Caligus break Domus free from Yssaria.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #100: April 27, 2012, 05:22:36 AM »
Two problems with that. 

1. Perdan and Caligus already warmed realms not to harbor Ibby leadership or their kin.

2.  Fontanese nobles admitted in public that some Sirion lords were funding Fontan and supplying knights with troops, breaking the 1 vs. 1 war.

Zakilevo

« Reply #101: April 27, 2012, 05:50:09 AM »
Two problems with that. 

1. Perdan and Caligus already warmed realms not to harbor Ibby leadership or their kin.

2.  Fontanese nobles admitted in public that some Sirion lords were funding Fontan and supplying knights with troops, breaking the 1 vs. 1 war.

Well obviously they want to say Sirionite lords are funding them. If Perdan accuses Sirion of this and somehow make Sirion gets involve in this mess, they might have higher chance of surviving :P

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #102: April 27, 2012, 06:54:12 AM »
I wonder what Caligus will do if Sirion moves to protect Fontan.  Would Sirion be willing to betray their one worthwhile ally to do so?

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: April 27, 2012, 02:12:46 PM »
Fontan's been living on borrowed time for a year now. Having the Aurvrandil clan move in gave her a brief blaze of old glories but I don't expect them to stick around for a real war, not unless they can have the realm to themselves, and the goodwill Basilius and Rhidhana tried to build with both Sirion and Nivemus has been left to whither by subsequent governments so help will be slim.

However Westmoor will prove as treacherous a neighbour to Nivemus as she has to Fontan so the prospects for a war which sucks in Sirion may be good once Fontan falls. As to whether Sirion finally learns to fight offensively though is another matter. I suspect a repeat of the Northern War with everything beyond the Sirion River falling but that splendid ring of fortresses keeping the southern forces at bay.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: April 27, 2012, 02:27:03 PM »
The only excuse that Caligus has is opportunism, i don't believe on that garbage about 1v1, about other realm helping, etc.

The facts are that Westmoor were crying all over the ruler channel for help, they came to the forums to cry OCC as well!

What will they do? War every realm who harbors Ibladesh, then the War will continue forever! you can erase a nation (Lies just the FLAG)  but no the nobles. Once a nation is destroyed those nobles make another stronger.

Is funny how Caligus comes with arrogance now, they have no merits in the EC, nothing of what they have have got them by themselves.

Come on, finish this quick!