Author Topic: Not being able to kick out priests of a religion  (Read 23949 times)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
It is not true that there is nothing you can do. You can ask the priest's realm to ban him; you can eventually execute him. You can have him stabbed.

If the priest in question has powerful backers, then he won.

The religion game is not completely separate from the rest of politics. Religions must find ways to get secular authorities to do their bidding.

Now, I don't oppose some way to perform an excommunication - I do think it would make a lot of sense, but I don't think the game is broken without it.

Sure, if yours is a state religion. I like to play a RP-based religion game that is not just a tool for the realms to use in war. I was once ordered by a marshal to go help with a TO by calming down the population, which of course I refused. I'd like to see religions having different goals than their realms, because that is what makes for interesting conflict. Religions are already quite weak themselves, making them further dependent of realms does nothing for the Priest game, an already very unpopular Class to play.

Wasn't there a thread about empowering religions rolling around?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).