Author Topic: The Blight coming to Dwilight  (Read 20665 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: The Blight coming to Dwilight
« Reply #30: March 31, 2012, 11:12:02 PM »
Creepy.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: April 01, 2012, 02:20:17 AM »
Can I make a SMA complaint against Tom? For pulling April Fool's jokes on a SMA island?  ???
------
qui audet vincit

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: April 01, 2012, 02:22:49 AM »
Can I make a SMA complaint against Tom? For pulling April Fool's jokes on a SMA island?  ???

How does it break SMA?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: April 01, 2012, 02:36:31 AM »
You're right. This is obviously not an immersion-breaking April 1st joke. Daimons are going to overrun every island on BattleMaster. DOOM DOOM DOOM  ::)

By the way, Francis is going to start using a cell phone to contact his peers. It's not breaking SMA because it's a magic device that a wizard made for him.  ::)

It's the "April 1st" part that I'm unhappy about. It's introducing real world holidays to a SMA island, like an island-wide snowstorm on Christmas Day. I would not be complaining if this happened in July, for example.
------
qui audet vincit

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: April 01, 2012, 02:40:55 AM »
You're right. This is obviously not an immersion-breaking April 1st joke. Daimons are going to overrun every island on BattleMaster. DOOM DOOM DOOM  ::)

By the way, Francis is going to start using a cell phone to contact his peers. It's not breaking SMA because it's a magic device that a wizard made for him.  ::)

It's the "April 1st" part that I'm unhappy about. It's introducing real world holidays to a SMA island, like an island-wide snowstorm on Christmas Day. I would not be complaining if this happened in July, for example.

You really, really, really need to stop making assumptions and then condemning based on them.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: April 01, 2012, 02:42:07 AM »

There have always been April Fool's jokes on Dwilight. That isn't new.

At least this one still fits with the theme of the game somewhat still. I mean the Zuma are here, so its not like the netherworld suddenly breaks things. And think, let's say its real! This would be the best time to add it in, because no one would suspect it.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: April 01, 2012, 02:56:53 AM »
You really, really, really need to stop making assumptions and then condemning based on them.

I take back my assumptions, then. Fake or real, my complaint is that what has happened already, had happened on April 1st, a real world cultural day about deception and trickery, to a SMA island. (Well it's April 1st in Europe right now. Still 3/31 here in the States.) If it's fake, it breaks immersion. If it's real... do I really have to explain why Overlord's flavor of Daimons are not SMA?
------
qui audet vincit

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: April 01, 2012, 05:15:36 AM »
Has no one looked at the dynamic map yet today? HINT: Fiery portals.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: April 01, 2012, 05:27:39 AM »
Woah, you are right and thanks for the info. 8)
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #39: April 01, 2012, 09:59:48 AM »
I take back my assumptions, then. Fake or real, my complaint is that what has happened already, had happened on April 1st, a real world cultural day about deception and trickery, to a SMA island. (Well it's April 1st in Europe right now. Still 3/31 here in the States.)

First, BattleMaster exists on BattleMaster time, as displayed on the login page, etc. I don't care what the time in the US is.

Two, you really should pick up a sense of humour at the grocery or gas station or wherever they sell those. I hear it's great. I also hear some of the best jokes work precisely because they break context.

Zakilevo

« Reply #40: April 01, 2012, 10:03:28 AM »
First, BattleMaster exists on BattleMaster time, as displayed on the login page, etc. I don't care what the time in the US is.

Two, you really should pick up a sense of humour at the grocery or gas station or wherever they sell those. I hear it's great. I also hear some of the best jokes work precisely because they break context.

lol gas station. Wish they sell a sense of humour there. Doubt looking at the price of gas makes you feel humorous  ;)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: April 01, 2012, 10:38:58 AM »
I lost my sense of humor in a high-stakes poker game.  :(

It could have been worse. One of the other players lost his judgement. Later he traded his cow for some magic beans, or so I heard. ;)
------
qui audet vincit

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: April 01, 2012, 11:02:00 AM »

Why is that wrong, how are those things not SMA, according to wiki the holiday exist in medieval times and I am assume it snowed in medieval times as well.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: April 01, 2012, 11:56:14 AM »
But BM has been so trained for April Fool's Jokes, the real joke turns out to be that this isn't a joke :D

Broose

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: April 01, 2012, 12:40:13 PM »
Two, you really should pick up a sense of humour at the grocery or gas station or wherever they sell those.
Maybe while he's there he can pick something up to help you understand how subjective humor can be.  :D