Author Topic: If this is a joke...  (Read 29538 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: If this is a joke...
« Reply #15: April 01, 2012, 09:38:08 AM »
It is in the nature of all but the most shallow of jokes that some people enjoy them and some don't. Especially in this day and age, you probably can't make a joke without offending someone. People have not only lost the ability to laugh about themselves, more importantly they've lost the ability to laugh about others without feeling guilty.

!@#$ political correctness.

Zakilevo

« Reply #16: April 01, 2012, 09:57:47 AM »
Don't know why people are all pissed about the daimon invasion. Should have expected a joke around April 1st.  Just enjoy the damn thing people. Don't take it too seriously jeez.

Jhaelen Irsei

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 01, 2012, 10:02:08 AM »
It is in the nature of all but the most shallow of jokes that some people enjoy them and some don't. Especially in this day and age, you probably can't make a joke without offending someone. People have not only lost the ability to laugh about themselves, more importantly they've lost the ability to laugh about others without feeling guilty.

!@#$ political correctness.

Who was offended? The joke was too in game in my view. That's the only critic I read about it, don't think someone get offended by this

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 01, 2012, 10:30:32 AM »
I actualy wish this is real. Think it's a great idea to have this as an event, not as a joke.
Anyway, are we supose to take this seriosly IC? Some of us already have. So what now?

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 01, 2012, 10:31:01 AM »
As I mentioned in other threads, I felt that the whole thing was a tad too overdone for an SMA island.

I think it's fine on the other islands because BM is a SILLY game sometimes. Silly in the Monty Python sense. I don't really get the joke, but I can see how people might find it funny.

Maybe it's the difference between European and American humor. Americans tend to enjoy physical schadenfreude (getting hit in the balls, slime on doorknobs, etc.) Europeans seem to prefer to troll people psychologically. That's just my observation. :p

Keep calm and carry on. :)
------
qui audet vincit

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 01, 2012, 10:36:05 AM »
I'm disapointed to hear it's a joke.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 01, 2012, 10:40:50 AM »
So, its now a few hours into April fools day and the only suspect I see for this years prank is The simultaneous IN CHARACTER invasion of every Battle Master Contient by Netherworld.

I'd like to go on record as saying this was not a good joke. First of all I assume this means the whole set up of daimons threatening the other continents months ago was part of the joke, which I believe violates April Fools day etiquette. Further more, since many of us are in different time zones the joke came through when it was still March 31st. Many of us took it seriously and started roleplaying the incident. I assume there will need to be some in character explanation, like daimons playing a prank on us or something, which is silly.

All in all I don't think this was a harmless joke as it messed a lot of us up roleplay wise. Why couldn't you just claim the system was ruined by the updates or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scaAz1zcdXI&feature=related

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 01, 2012, 10:42:33 AM »
Anyway, are we supose to take this seriosly IC? Some of us already have. So what now?

Now we make fun of you for being gullible. That's the whole point of April Fools you know.  ;D

Also, the forums are now "Netherworld Slave Islands".  :'(
------
qui audet vincit

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 01, 2012, 10:44:44 AM »
How are we supose to motivate this IC?
We were all halucinating?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:46:32 AM by mikm »

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 01, 2012, 10:45:54 AM »
Now we make fun of you for being gullible. That's the whole point of April Fools you know.  ;D

Also, the forums are now "Netherworld Slave Islands".  :'(

Wait, so you're telling me, my offering the 2nd Son on Atamara, my whole city, all of CE, the first born son of the Consul, and 10k gold to spare me, was all for nothing?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: April 01, 2012, 10:46:01 AM »
blabla stop complaining be creative.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 01, 2012, 10:50:19 AM »
How are we supose to motivate this IC?
We were all halucinating?

Make Overlord out to be a big fat pussy who didn't have the balls to go through with it. You know, like we all do on BT.

Karedan

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: April 01, 2012, 10:53:33 AM »
the family page when you log in is now called the Slave Register ;D

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: April 01, 2012, 10:53:45 AM »
Probably trying to scare us with fancy lights.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 01, 2012, 10:59:59 AM »
the family page when you log in is now called the Slave Register ;D

Good catch, I missed that
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus