Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 243151 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #675: May 08, 2012, 04:35:40 PM »
The Zuma GM mentioned an OOC witch-hunt against Garret. Not sure what that's about, but there was very much an IC effort to persecute Garret and make him feel unwanted and useless. I wasn't aware there was anything OOC going on. I never heard the whole circumstances of his departure from the game; I hope it wasn't about Garret's IC treatment... because Garret's IC treatment... was IC. You can't expect to be a human representing daimons and not be hated by other humans. It's inhuman behavior. Not tolerated (ICly).

I'll say again what I've said many times: the Zuma are a vacuum for every event in the area. No matter what we do, no matter how we go about it, everything always ends up with the Zuma. It seems increasingly impossible to have anything happen that is independent of the Zuma. I'm not sure why Tom believes this is fun, but presumably he does.

The point is, though, that we had a really interesting war shaping up. We had a war where both sides had mobility, and both sides had a demonstrated ability to beat the other side and invade their territory. That was fun. Now, that war is done. It is not done because any RP was resolved, or because any of the things that make BM wars interesting have happened. It is done because the GM has decided that we shouldn't have a war.

Terran's characters are behaving the way Tom has always said we should in relation to daimons: scared, terrified. We aren't heroic souls longing for a death in flames and glory. Everybody saying we should just attack because daimons aren't that bad is arguing against everything Tom has ever said about daimons. If they attack us, we'll defend, but we'd never attack. Which means that we all get to sit on the border and do... nothing.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 04:40:09 PM by Vellos »
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner