Author Topic: Anti-Clan Policy Discussion  (Read 17102 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Clan Policy Discussion
« Reply #30: April 09, 2012, 10:21:48 PM »
I don't think we need to go that far. I prefer "we'll know it when we see it". Violations of this policy should be rare - it should not be sweeping in nature. I know of only one group of people in this game whose behavior has led to this discussion. Until they came along, we never needed a policy. It is my great hope that once they've either changed their ways or left the game, we will never need one again. Because of this, whatever policy is put down ought to be in very general terms, with perhaps only the consequences discussed in much detail.

My point was that I think even common BM behavior is destructive, and if long-term players would act less clannish, finding real clans would be waaaaay simpler. If we all took a moment to look around our realms at people in them, and ask ourselves, "Of the people I have interacted with in more than 3 separate BM settings, how many of them have been allies/enemies every time?" And then we worked to change that? It'd make spotting real clans easier.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner