Author Topic: [Forum Game] World in Revolution 1861, Sign-up Thread  (Read 124665 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
If I were you, I would go for it. Just make sure to find some good RP reason's for it. Get the Meiji Restoration going. Hell, we all know we now need some Imperial Japanese to at least be annoying to Vellos' China.

That's the plan then. The Meiji restoration shall begin early on. There are plenty of RP reasons for it. Like the real reasons actually used during the restoration in Japan.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

I have added all countries currently on our list. Let me know if I have made any mistakes or missed territory that should belong to someone but doesn't on the map.

I believe Japan starts with all of Africa, and Australia. ;)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
I believe Japan starts with all of Africa, and Australia. ;)

Oh yeah, duh! Don't know how I missed that!  ::)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Hey geogr-idiot.

I think you mixed up your pair a' guays. You got'em backwards; you're a (g)way too dumb to make that map.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Hey geogr-idiot.

I think you mixed up your pair a' guays. You got'em backwards; you're a (g)way too dumb to make that map.

I just mixed up the font color is all!  :-\

Will fix, will fix....
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Hey geogr-idiot.

btw china stars in madagascar and that's it.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
btw china stars in madagascar and that's it.

I feel like I should get this reference, but I don't. Explain pls? Mine was punning on the names Uruguay and Paraguay.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Ok, I fixed the (guay)or.

Also, if you right click and "view image" you can see it full size. Which is nicer.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Hmmm...

I'll trade you noninterference in central asia for a quiet frontier?

I'll see, when I've decided where I want to go with Russia. Don't want to take a call on it just yet.

Why don't I have Alaska, Perth?
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

That'll do nicely  8)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

That'll do nicely  8)

Why do you get alaska? Did Russia have it in 1861?

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Why don't I have Alaska, Perth?

Now you do.

Why do you get alaska? Did Russia have it in 1861?

I believe so. The USA bought it in 1867.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Also, I'm going to put a tentative start date for Friday night. That's when I'll open an official thread for the game and everything.

We'll keep Nation Registration open until then. So if anyone else wants to join, say so!

Also, by the end of the week I should have all the other small materials made up that I will need.

Those interested: We still need some waring Americans and a French Emperor most of all!  :D

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Found a Chinese propaganda map that shows the Sino/Russian border in 1860. The coloured regions are taken by Russia after the Peking Convention in 1860, and the border between the Korean Kingdom, Russia and China.

Believe it or not, China still wants to go to war against this humiliation today  ::)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:23:35 AM by Lefanis »

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I'll play The Argentine Republic. :)