Author Topic: [Forum Game] World in Revolution 1861, Sign-up Thread  (Read 123840 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Gotta love it. BM's forums so popular, we break other game makers to us. This will be very interesting.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Frymonmon

• Freeman
  • Dr. Nikolay Ivanovich Arzamastsev
    • View Profile
To be honest, JPierreD sent me a link to here. I had no idea this game existed until 30 minuets ago.
Dr. Nikolay Ivanovich Arzamastsev
President Jefferson Davis of the Confederate States of America in World in Revolution: 1861
Founder of World in Revolution

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
And hey, by the way Perth, no pressure or anything, but the CREATOR OF THE GAME YOU'RE ABOUT TO GM is going to join as a player. :p

Act cool.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
To be honest, JPierreD sent me a link to here. I had no idea this game existed until 30 minuets ago.

I figured as much.

Kind of sucks for the Union player though. I mean what kind of pressure is it to be at war with the maker of the game you are playing? What if the CSA loses?

Crazy stuff.

Just messing around btw.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Frymonmon

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Over in the other WiR, I'd just allow the loser to pick a new nation. It has happened a few times already. The Qing got booted out, and that player became Morocco. Ireland got booted out and is now Chile.

I'd hope that's how it is here as well.

Ah well.
President Jefferson Davis of the Confederate States of America in World in Revolution: 1861

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Two other players are having difficulty joining the forum, and asked me to request for them a spot.
KeldoniaSkylar wants Austria and Seek75 wants Chile (yea, Chile).
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Keldonia

• Freeman
  • KeldoniaSkylar
    • View Profile
Sorry, had to use a different name hopefully that will get fixed.  I'll take up the mantle of the Great Austrian Empire!

Frymonmon

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Looking back upon the debates about Trade Balance and whatnot, If you want my advice, coming from my GM standpoint, the system I have now... really doesn't work that well. However, I feel that the system I am about to implement into World in Revolution over in the other forum, is just a tad to complicated to just thrust into this game.

However, what I am thinking of is that trade in this game can be expressed by two ways, Nation Trading and Colonial Trading. This would settle the differences between the colonies gaining/giving wealth and from trading with other nations. Colonial Trading would represent the balance of trade that the homeland has (British Isles v India) versus the colony. If you have a really bad colony, (Yes, I am talking about you Algeria) then you'd have to suffer for that. However, if you get a good colony it raises the amount of money you get.

Anywho. That's what my rambling has to offer. If you trade with another nation, you'd have to deal with Imports and Exports. I think it would be up to the GM to say who's is negative and positive. Case in point, the Confederacy exporting Cotton and Importing Manufactured Goods. Cotton is worth less as a raw material, so the trade balance is negative.

Ah. That's my two cents.

EDIT: The Confederacy should not have control of Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Arkansas. These states seceded after Ft. Sumter was attacked. This was a mistake in the other WiR, as a history professor, I'd much appreciate it if this was fixed inthis one.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:46:40 AM by Frymonmon »

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Hey, what's your problem with Algeria?!? >:(
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
And hey, by the way Perth, no pressure or anything, but the CREATOR OF THE GAME YOU'RE ABOUT TO GM is going to join as a player. :p

Act cool.

I got 'dis.  8)

Hey, you Paradoxian fellows should definitely give Battlemaster a try if you're going to be hanging out around here anyways.  ;)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Seek75 wants Chile (yea, Chile).

Sure he doesn't wanna play the Ottomans, the Italians, or the Spanish?  :D
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Lets try and get a bigger page count than the Dave's Galaxy thread. ;)

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Lets try and get a bigger page count than the Dave's Galaxy thread. ;)

I'm down. Though I'll prob start a fresh, dedicated IC thread to start the game, so don't get to attached to this one.

Frymonmon

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Considering the main WiR thread has around 273 pages, that is a very possible goal.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Considering the main WiR thread has around 273 pages, that is a very possible goal.

Unless I'm mistaken, I can only see 6 turns there.  :o

EDIT: Nvm, I see those are "mere" yearly updates.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:51:47 AM by Adriddae »