Author Topic: [Forum Game] World in Revolution 1861, Sign-up Thread  (Read 124739 times)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

Hey, you Paradoxian fellows should definitely give Battlemaster a try if you're going to be hanging out around here anyways.  ;)

That's what I'm thinking too   ;D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Hey, you Paradoxian fellows should definitely give Battlemaster a try if you're going to be hanging out around here anyways.  ;)

Ditto.

Also, I wish to put in my two cents and disagree with myself for earlier.

In the name of enshrining neoliberalism into the game, I think you shouldn't count trade balances. They don't matter anyways, as capital balances and the free flow of gold will wholly adjust them. Ultimately all total net trade balances are and must be transient.

Don't listen to the mercantilo-racists who tell you otherwise!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Ditto.

Also, I wish to put in my two cents and disagree with myself for earlier.

In the name of enshrining neoliberalism into the game, I think you shouldn't count trade balances. They don't matter anyways, as capital balances and the free flow of gold will wholly adjust them. Ultimately all total net trade balances are and must be transient.

Don't listen to the mercantilo-racists who tell you otherwise!

Basically what I have it down to now, via the JPierreD idea of having broken down stats for each region/colony of an Empire, is that the GM will have a bit of liberty in deciding what the the income level of each region/colony should be and, all added up, will equal your total income.

So, Caribbean sugar islands will boost your income. Middle Asian opium fields will boost it. The Saharan desert will not boost it very much at all. This will be the simplest and I think most game-friendly way to do it.

And, of course, things CAN be changed after the game starts if we find something doesn't work as great as we like, etc. etc.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Keldonia

• Freeman
  • KeldoniaSkylar
    • View Profile
I can give some of the maps being used for resources in the other game.  Also, most Carribean islands were relatively unprofitable at this point (with slavery being abolished). I would also group things as much as possible in the main stats but make more detailed reports available to the country that owns/controls it.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I can give some of the maps being used for resources in the other game.  Also, most Carribean islands were relatively unprofitable at this point (with slavery being abolished).

Okay, okay. You get my point though.

I would also group things as much as possible in the main stats but make more detailed reports available to the country that owns/controls it.

Indeed.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Keldonia

• Freeman
  • KeldoniaSkylar
    • View Profile
Didn't mean that to be combative, just a note, and I like the idea.  As I offered earlier I can help some resource maps if you like.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Kind of sucks for the Union player though. I mean what kind of pressure is it to be at war with the maker of the game you are playing? What if the CSA loses?

Crazy stuff.

Challenge accepted!  :D
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Didn't mean that to be combative, just a note, and I like the idea.  As I offered earlier I can help some resource maps if you like.

Are the resource maps public? I would love to see those  ;D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Challenge accepted!  :D

It was Russia that saved the Unions butt  ;)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
So, Caribbean sugar islands will boost your income. Middle Asian opium fields will boost it. The Saharan desert will not boost it very much at all. This will be the simplest and I think most game-friendly way to do it.

Allows for a country to blockade the sugar islands (if not outright invade and burn), investing in Brazilian's North-East sugar plantations, for example, and getting much more from his investment than would otherwise.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Suirantes

• Peasant
    • View Profile
I also come from the Paradoxian forums and would like to join as the Ottoman Empire if it is possible.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
I also come from the Paradoxian forums and would like to join as the Ottoman Empire if it is possible.

All you folks should join Battlemaster too.

Great game.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile

Sounds good.

All you folks should join Battlemaster too.

Great game.

Can't say this enough.

Also,
Understatement of the year.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
So... how long until we start? I'm not impatient, just excited.  ;D

Frymonmon

• Freeman
  • Dr. Nikolay Ivanovich Arzamastsev
    • View Profile
I too, am excited for this game. Speaking from my perspective, Spain and Italy are not all that important at this time period. They could very easily be filled in at a later date. I, for one, am interested in getting some diplomacy started.
Dr. Nikolay Ivanovich Arzamastsev
President Jefferson Davis of the Confederate States of America in World in Revolution: 1861
Founder of World in Revolution