Author Topic: Clan in Fontan and Aurvandil  (Read 56259 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Clan in Fontan and Aurvandil
« Topic Start: April 09, 2012, 04:16:02 PM »
I would like to note that the Magistrates are more-or-less bound to treat any claims that the economy of Aurvandil is naturally managed as false, given that Tom stated the results of a Dev investigation that effectively precluded purely IC management of the economy. That issue shouldn't be debated at all. To quote: "This makes no sense unless one assumes that the entire system is managed through out-of-game communication." QED.

Another interesting Dev investigation would be: is there chatter between nobles in EC's south before they migrate to Fontan? Do they ICly coordinate the move, or does it just "happen"?

The real debate, however, is not about whether clanning is occurring. The dev investigation seems pretty conclusive: it is. The question is whether that clanning is destructive to the game environment. Continued attempts by players who are accused of being in the clan to vehemently argue that there is no clan are not going to help your case very much. Tell us why what you've been found to be doing isn't a bad thing. For myself at least, I would listen. I have no strong incentive to support or oppose either Aurvandil or Fontan.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner