Author Topic: Netherworld Portal To Other Continents  (Read 1583 times)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Netherworld Portal To Other Continents
« Topic Start: April 09, 2012, 07:16:39 PM »
now i remember why i came to this section, and got distracted by another topic on way here.....ahem, here we go.

Title:
Netherworld Portal To Other Continents

Summary:
Same as on April's Fool but for real.

Details:
As many of us wished for, we simply receive the visit from one or more (depend on dev. team) Sons of the Netherworld's Lord, this will consist in the portal opening on any random region of the map on any continent, which of course is not BT, and then spawn a monster/Undead(or whatever is called on BT) with a Commander(any #son).

Will say my initial idea, then other suggestions for discussion, fixes and improvements:

• To have a massive stationary force who does nothing but standing there in with the portal, or moves around region, or around realms.
  • The force can vary from 10,000 to 20,000 CS, or can possibly start small and then grow, either by itself, killing people or attracting nearby hordes to it, we have a lot of possibilities here.
  • It will do nothing to the region itself, we can think on morale drop, population drop, if the region is under great paganism we can say it goes rogue, over time? etc.
  • Cosmetic effect of the red portal (not in the water please!)
Since is a rare appearance we can talk it could happens 1-2 times a year, maybe making it stronger so the forces would require the help from allies.

Maybe we can add the option to close the portal and go away, if no one challenge the son, and we could add sort of penalty to Continent or realm if that happens.

Benefits:
huh?

Nothing besides having something new event-like in game, since we have the undead/monster thing we can say there are necromancer or mages that open a portal, or some adventurer get drunk while playing dices with their portal stones, etc.

I do not expect this to be more beneficial to the game than being a feature that spice the things up once in a year.

Possible Exploits:
What?

Well that's is!

I expect a good discussion on this, instead the Rejected Seal right away, because i am bored and not much to do at the office.

peace!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:19:06 PM by Sonya »

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Netherworld Portal To Other Continents
« Reply #1: April 09, 2012, 08:29:32 PM »
No. End of Discussion.