Author Topic: Baby Boom?  (Read 8268 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Baby Boom?
« Topic Start: April 12, 2012, 03:31:39 PM »
http://www.battlemaster.org/Statistics.Players.php

We've gotten a rash of new registrations, and they seem active.

Cool.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Boom?
« Reply #1: April 12, 2012, 03:35:35 PM »
We got a plug on the forums of Dwarf Fortress, which have a pretty active following.

Let's hope they can spread the word further, too :)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

« Reply #2: April 12, 2012, 03:36:24 PM »
Yeah, each realm I play in has had a new player join in the last few days. They're not all joining the same realm from what I can tell.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 12, 2012, 03:48:27 PM »
A Battlemaster plug from Dwarf Fortress, two of my favourite games! Let's keep an eye on that DF topic to see the problems of new players. It seems a few are already doing just that though.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: April 12, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »
direct link to the topic, please.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 12, 2012, 06:17:02 PM »
Yeah, each realm I play in has had a new player join in the last few days. They're not all joining the same realm from what I can tell.

Me too, I've been seeing lots of new folks too. That's what made me curious. I was worried for a second that the realms I'm in might have something suspect, but then seeing the bigger bump just made be excited for a rise in players.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 12, 2012, 06:38:58 PM »
Seems like Summerdale is doing quite well out of it  :o

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 12, 2012, 07:46:17 PM »
We also may likely get a few players from one of the new forum games Perth set up, as it has drawn players over from another forum to play a game here in this forum. They've been encouraged to check out BM and that may likely work out.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 12, 2012, 11:20:05 PM »
We also may likely get a few players from one of the new forum games Perth set up, as it has drawn players over from another forum to play a game here in this forum. They've been encouraged to check out BM and that may likely work out.

Was about to say the same thing.

If we can get a good plug on the Paradozx forums as well it could lead to a lot of new players, I think. The guys over there a pretty big into historically set games (hence, Paradox games) and a lot are big time Role Players as well. I could see some good things coming from that.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 13, 2012, 07:35:03 AM »
Was about to say the same thing.

If we can get a good plug on the Paradozx forums as well it could lead to a lot of new players, I think. The guys over there a pretty big into historically set games (hence, Paradox games) and a lot are big time Role Players as well. I could see some good things coming from that.

They cannot put a link to here in the their forum. Paradox policy.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 13, 2012, 07:43:25 AM »

That's interesting. How are they all joining the WiR game then? They had to have given a link somewhere.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 13, 2012, 12:18:04 PM »
That's interesting. How are they all joining the WiR game then? They had to have given a link somewhere.

They can put a link to an IRC channel, and communicate from there.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 13, 2012, 05:34:45 PM »
that is great, now i feel the urge to join Summerdale as well.

Those player would need good mentors, IC and OCC so we can retain them, hmm... we have to go and check the manuals on wiki to see if everything is fine and up to date.

Peace!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:57:07 PM by Sonya »

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 13, 2012, 08:04:28 PM »

Can they just say "Hey, a cool game I've been playing is called Battlemaster (just google it)."
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)