Author Topic: Traders Feedback  (Read 30624 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Traders Feedback
« Reply #30: April 27, 2012, 02:47:33 AM »
Oh... man... you'll love this, Tom.

On Dwilight, there are 3 realms that produce less food than they consume right now, with -10%, -40%, and -43% respectively.

The other 15 realms produce more food than they consume right now, with 2 producing more than double their consumption, 5-6 producing more than 60% and the rest producing 2-42% more than they consume.

So... couple all this surplus with existing huge food stores, you get no real need for buy orders.  :-\

Maybe we should have a continent wide drought every three months or something.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: April 27, 2012, 03:10:07 AM »
Maybe we should have a continent wide drought every three months or something.
That's what winter is for.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: April 27, 2012, 03:15:38 AM »
That's what winter is for.

I agree.

As for buy offers: there are so many sell offers, that it doesn't seem worth it. Just need to check the markets once in a blue moon, and pick the cheapest. Plus, the less "demand" there is (or the less apparent it is), the easier it is to drive prices downwards.

I've been bankrupting my city for long enough at 50 gold per 100 bushels. Now that we have safe stockpiles and steady supplies, I fully intend to use the momentum to bring the global food prices below 30 gold per 100 bushels. Hopefully to build enormous stockpiles to then sell at a profit when some realm gets in big trouble.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: April 27, 2012, 03:43:18 AM »
I fully intend to use the momentum to bring the global food prices below 30 gold per 100 bushels
... isn't it already? I never pay more than 20.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: April 27, 2012, 03:45:42 AM »

20 is common, but 30 is moreso.

And do you pay your food from local lords or from foreign realms?

We've got a trade agreement flooding our warehouses at 30 right now, but the overabundance of food will allow us to fetch agreements for steady supplies for much cheaper once that expires, for sure.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #35: April 27, 2012, 03:46:34 AM »

Indirik. Astrum's free market is just superior... both buyers and sellers are satisfied only in Astrum.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: April 27, 2012, 04:25:57 AM »
And do you pay your food from local lords or from foreign realms?

Both. Though not many foreigners so far. Not much trader traffic, I guess.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #37: April 27, 2012, 09:23:36 AM »
Very strange. According to backend data, Dwilight should in total run a food deficit of about 500 bushels per day currently (i.e. considering weather, production, etc.), even when excluding the rogue regions.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #38: April 27, 2012, 03:41:05 PM »
Very strange. According to backend data, Dwilight should in total run a food deficit of about 500 bushels per day currently (i.e. considering weather, production, etc.), even when excluding the rogue regions.

That would probably be the three realms running at a deficit...

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #39: April 27, 2012, 09:22:14 PM »

Actually, if you compare -500 to the total amount of food stored on Dwilight, it's entirely reasonable that the food markets won't stabilize in a very very long time... a very, very long time.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:39:33 PM by Foundation »
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: April 28, 2012, 02:25:18 AM »
There does seem to be excessive amounts of food everywhere.  We shall see if Pian needs food shortly.  It doesn't sound like it though.  They've been running in the red for a while now.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: April 29, 2012, 05:03:41 AM »

There was a period where the food supply had increased significantly before it was adjusted back to something closer to the older levels. I'm thinking that created a surplus that flooded all of the markets.

500 bushels of deficit per day, for the size of Dwilight, is not very noticeable. Especially considering how everyone's granaries are full.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #42: April 29, 2012, 11:00:04 AM »
I'm working on it. Among other things, I'm now actually enabling food rotting - you should be getting some messages and if there are no bugs, the effect will be re-enabled shortly. That should take care of some of the massive stockpiles.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: April 29, 2012, 04:04:10 PM »
This !@#$ always happens when my dude's too far away to react...

Any ETA on food rot being enabled?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: April 29, 2012, 05:39:28 PM »
The rot warnings showed up today. Shouldn't be too long.