Author Topic: Stuff Brom Does  (Read 43370 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff Brom Does
« Reply #75: April 25, 2012, 01:06:35 AM »
I was not a part of that, as those messages were not sent to me directly. I am just aware that they were sent, Matt either received or heard of them, and forwarded that information to me. Did not leave a good taste in my mouth with the whole situation though. So, essentially I cannot say more on that subject.

If you were forwarded the information, then you obviously know something.  So, either you know and aren't willing to comment on it—in which case you would have done better to say nothing at all—or you just threw that accusation out there and hoped it would stick.

I don't take kindly to being accused of behavior that I spent a lot of time stamping out.  Neither does/did Matt.  I find it hard to believe that he would be so flippant about the issue, or even make something up. 

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: April 25, 2012, 01:14:13 AM »
If you were forwarded the information, then you obviously know something.  So, either you know and aren't willing to comment on it—in which case you would have done better to say nothing at all—or you just threw that accusation out there and hoped it would stick.

I don't take kindly to being accused of behavior that I spent a lot of time stamping out.  Neither does/did Matt.  I find it hard to believe that he would be so flippant about the issue, or even make something up.

I know no details. I stated everything about the agreement that I made, which I said clearly. All I know is that "I have been accused of cheating, and through extension so have you." in a message sent to me by Matt. All I accused you of here was that you had a misconception of my agreement, which I believe we both have a better mutual understanding of now.

Edit: I've looked back over what I wrote before, and I can see where you can think I was accusing you of making that accusation. I'm sorry about that, but that was simply a mistake in writing. I meant merely the above. And was tyring to separate the issues.

If you want more information you can ask Matt, but I don't recommend it, because I personally hate re-discussing these old issues and I'm sure many are like me in that.

Personally, I'd just love if nothing with that whole RP time was ever brought up again by anyone. All that needs to be known is that Brom poisoned the King, the new Queen committed suicide in his presence, and Brom left Luria after the whole ordeal.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 01:16:09 AM by Dante Silverfire »
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: April 25, 2012, 01:35:47 AM »
If you want more information you can ask Matt, but I don't recommend it, because I personally hate re-discussing these old issues and I'm sure many are like me in that.

You just going to keep throwing that flamebait out there until a mod bans you?
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Madigan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: April 25, 2012, 07:28:31 PM »
Never killed the woman. Jumping out of a window doesn't count. (its not like I pushed her, if you're referring to Katarina)

Thats why I said "ostensibly"  :D and Hendrick certainly doesn't know that.
Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: April 27, 2012, 06:23:59 AM »
As it's come up, again...A few points of clarification:

1. So far as I know, Dante_Silverfire kept our OOC agreement to the letter and spirit.  Obviously, my knowledge of what happened after I paused is minimal, but Brom was never supposed to confess or anything of that kind IC.  He was (and so far as I know, did) supposed to come up with a semi-plausible chain of events that led to the various public RP's (and up until the point I left, he certainly did so).

2. The confusion and everything that resulted is entirely my fault.  I went from commuting/working for 13 hours a day on average to commuting/working for 15-16 hours a day for quite a while, and I just didn't have the time to devote proper attention to it.  I take full responsibility for the problems caused by that lack of activity and then disappearance.  He did quite nicely coming up with RP's, I thought.  The various briberies were amazing, and made a great deal of sense given his history in Poryatown duchy.

3. I (mainly) didn't leave because of accusations, I left because I had absolutely no time.  The accusations didn't help, but to further clarify...

4. No one accused me or us of cheating.  Several people accused us of inventing RP solely to help justify a war with Solaria.  This pissed me off, exceedingly, for several reasons.  First is my roleplaying integrity, and second is the insult to my intelligence.  If I'd wanted to make up a war with Solaria, I could have come up with far better reasons, and Solaria would have been very badly hurt in the opening act.  Koli, actually, had no interest in fighting Solaria, and was surprised up until the end.

5. Koli is not dead yet, because I don't like killing characters without a proper death RP.  He is, however, fatally ill/injured/whatever, and will only live long enough for me to get the time to unpause, write a proper death RP, and then finally die.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

egamma

« Reply #80: May 01, 2012, 05:15:12 PM »
5. Koli is not dead yet, because I don't like killing characters without a proper death RP.  He is, however, fatally ill/injured/whatever, and will only live long enough for me to get the time to unpause, write a proper death RP, and then finally die.

"I'm not dead yet!"

"I'm feeling better!"

"In fact, I think I will go have some tea!"

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: May 02, 2012, 04:58:25 AM »
"I'm not dead yet!"

"I'm feeling better!"

"In fact, I think I will go have some tea!"

"He's not dead yet!"

"He's actually feeling quite a bit better!"

"...Now he's dead!"
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: May 02, 2012, 11:37:15 AM »
He's not dead until he's crapped himself!

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: May 10, 2012, 08:35:26 PM »
"In order to get the Aegis of the Zuma from Brom(still can't believe the 'Moot didn't snatch that up...)  Allison had to marry Brom, give him 25% of Golden Farrow /and/ make him Judge of Kabrinskia.  All for 1 unique item. " (From another thread)

So, now that the cat's out of the bag, did Brom make a good deal or a bad deal?

Just a note: Brom bought the item for 25 gold off of an adventurer ages ago.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: May 10, 2012, 08:55:30 PM »
"In order to get the Aegis of the Zuma from Brom(still can't believe the 'Moot didn't snatch that up...)  Allison had to marry Brom, give him 25% of Golden Farrow /and/ make him Judge of Kabrinskia.  All for 1 unique item. " (From another thread)

So, now that the cat's out of the bag, did Brom make a good deal or a bad deal?

Just a note: Brom bought the item for 25 gold off of an adventurer ages ago.

Seems pretty good to me. Sounds like you bought your way back into power with it.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: May 11, 2012, 04:02:11 AM »
"In order to get the Aegis of the Zuma from Brom(still can't believe the 'Moot didn't snatch that up...)

So you got an alliance with the Zuma because of an item that has their name?

Hurray, another pending invasion over something a foreigner does that we have absolutely no power about? Is this supposed to make us any happier?

Had we found the item, I suspect the Zuma would have been pounding on our capitals until we hand it over, and then ask extras as compensation for their troubles. Fits their previous deeds with us.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: May 11, 2012, 04:07:06 AM »
So you got an alliance with the Zuma because of an item that has their name?

Hurray, another pending invasion over something a foreigner does that we have absolutely no power about? Is this supposed to make us any happier?

Had we found the item, I suspect the Zuma would have been pounding on our capitals until we hand it over, and then ask extras as compensation for their troubles. Fits their previous deeds with us.

Hmm...it couldn't possibly be that someone contradicted this earlier today...

The Zuma discovered in game that the item was held by Brom when we saw a battle report that he fought in as part of Barca. Almost immediately diplomatic relations dropped from peace to neutral and the only reason there wasn't war was because of in game interactions involving the ruler of Barca, and then Brom changing realms to Kabrinskia and Allison getting in contact straight away saying she wanted to give it to [the Zuma].

Oh, hey, look! Evidence that you're talking out your ass! Wow, whodathunkit!

So, how long is it going to take you to spin this into yet more evidence that the Zuma are terrible and have it in for you?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: May 11, 2012, 04:18:00 AM »
Hmm...it couldn't possibly be that someone contradicted this earlier today...

Oh, hey, look! Evidence that you're talking out your ass! Wow, whodathunkit!

So, how long is it going to take you to spin this into yet more evidence that the Zuma are terrible and have it in for you?

Not long, you just proved my point:

Item was in Barca = Zuma going in a frenzy.

Item going to Kabrinskia = Zuma wanting alliance.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: May 11, 2012, 04:22:31 AM »
Not long, you just proved my point:

Item was in Barca = Zuma going in a frenzy.

Item going to Kabrinskia = Zuma wanting alliance.

Item discovered to be possessed by someone wo hasn't let you know about it = attack.

Person with item talking politely and willing to give it to you = stand down red alert, talk and offer reward.

But don't mind me offering explanations that don't support you confirmation bias.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: May 11, 2012, 04:29:28 AM »
Item discovered to be possessed by someone wo hasn't let you know about it = attack.

Person with item talking politely and willing to give it to you = stand down red alert, talk and offer reward.

But don't mind me offering explanations that don't support you confirmation bias.

Letter discovered to say something bad about the Zuma = attack.

People with access to original talking politely and willing to give original, plus ambassador with access to original = attack anyways!

Oh, wait. Right, because that incident was isolated. Because he's completely incapable of doing the same thing again. And that it's impossible that anything he does now would just be following a long-established pattern. Right. Oh wait...

Get over the letter. That was explained in game and on the forums and I still stand by the actions that I took at that time.

The guy just said that he'd do it again.

Sorry for lacking your unshakable faith in the guy. I'm sure his farts smell like roses to you.

And honestly, the fact that you quoted the rest of his message, save for that part, is rather revealing about how objective you are being yourself.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:33:00 AM by Chénier »