Author Topic: Human Nature  (Read 25724 times)

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Human Nature
« Topic Start: March 18, 2011, 08:50:58 PM »
PART of the fourth is intended. Rights and freedoms. That bothers me some, but not tons. What DOES bother me is the highly modernized sexuality of especially women, but some male characters as well.

Another thing that bothers me:
The infrequency of marriage.

What time period are you referring to here? and what do you mean by modernized sexuality?

There was never a time when everyone followed some rigid code about sex. It is true that in the middle ages the topic was more hushed up than it is now, but people have never been particularly virtuous.

So you can say it is inaccurate to go around boasting about your exploits. That simply wouldn't be done in most societies (Vikings excluded?). But throughout all of time there have been philanderers.   

One of my characters (Ulrich) is a bit of a womanizer. This comes out in his RP's, never anything beyond illusion to the fact. But it is always in RP's and never in letters. RP's provide a glimpse into the character, Letters are the public face. As part of that public face nobody would ever admit to having adulterous relations, but that wouldn't mean that the person didn't have them.

So I guess it really comes down to what you mean by modernized sexuality.
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist