Author Topic: Human Nature  (Read 26294 times)

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Human Nature
« Topic Start: March 18, 2011, 09:38:30 PM »
My first experience in BM with something called a "tavern" was closer to a great hall created to give the nobles of the duchy a place to base their RPs and generally show off to the rest of the realm how superior their stronghold was to the capital city. From that I've always assumed that, when mentioned, "the pub" was not actually meant to be that place on the corner filled with peasants and a bar made from odd wooden planks over empty kegs?

On marriages, I think we'd have more of them if  people realized that obtaining a marriage doesn't necessarily require long months of romantic roleplays.  Treat it more like a familial alliance and the concept of marriage is much less daunting.

But, to the point, the thing that bothers me most about roleplays (and by this I mostly mean it makes me sad) is reading an OOC message to the effect of "if a noble did that-thing-you-did in the middle ages, they'd be exiled/laughed out of town/burned at the stake!!!" and seeing *none of those* attempted by the character IC. It isn't the poor RP choices that upset me, it's the way that we as players generally fail to correct objectionable behavior through in-game demonstration.