Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Newer Kabrinskia vs. Terran Thread

Started by Vellos, May 10, 2012, 11:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velax

So, like virtually every other declaration of war in the history of BM? Of course you're only going to declare war with your troops assembled and in position. What sort of idiot declares war when his troops are scattered all over the realm?

Geronus

Quote from: Velax on May 21, 2012, 03:28:11 PM
So, like virtually every other declaration of war in the history of BM? Of course you're only going to declare war with your troops assembled and in position. What sort of idiot declares war when his troops are scattered all over the realm?

Yeah, but they just made peace with Kabrinskia not that long ago, clearly disingenuously.

Scarlett

Quote. What sort of idiot declares war when his troops are scattered all over the realm?

Actually, Claude declared war on Ohnar West when the army was scattered and mostly in Colasan. :)

Indirik

Glaumring has been wanting to go,after Kabrinskia for quite some time. He just had to find a way that wasn't so twistedly justified that it made no sense. A straightforward "you pissed us off" should have been enough. Asylon's back and forth waffling is really making people question their reliability.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

Quote from: Velax on May 21, 2012, 03:28:11 PM

Terran.

Quote from: Indirik on May 21, 2012, 04:09:26 PM
Asylon's back and forth waffling is really making people question their reliability.

Yup.

But I guess now they're pretty well committed. Which means it's a waiting game to see how Astrum responds.

Meanwhile, the Zuma still sit on Kabrinskia's border, keeping Terran out.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Velax

Graeth

Just reclaiming our own lands.  Nothing to see here
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Glaumring the Fox

We wanted out of a war with tangled rules. Now we are back playing by our own rules. One cannot win wars bound by all sorts of contrived rules. Say what you wish, once Terran was knocked out of the war Asylon would have been next anyways, except alone and isolated. Better to go down fighting with friends. Kabrinskia had been trying way before the war on Terran to find a reason for war with Asylon.

1st reason we had like 3 or 4 nobles from Caerwyn.
2nd we took some lands,
3rd we used to be small and poor
4th VE still operates in Asylon

Anyone who says Kabrinskia is the victim here is delusional. They came here for a fight. They just going to have to fight on our terms from now on.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Anaris

Quote from: Glaumring on May 21, 2012, 05:46:58 PM
Anyone who says Kabrinskia is the victim here is delusional.

So far as I can tell, the only one who's been saying that at all, throughout the series of recent events, has been Katayanna.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Telrunya

As a player, Kabrinskia isn't the victim indeed. My character disagrees with me though :P

Kellaine

Quote from: Anaris on May 21, 2012, 05:50:57 PM
So far as I can tell, the only one who's been saying that at all, throughout the series of recent events, has been Katayanna.

I know that Kabrinskia is not the victim but Katayanna does not. 

And I try to only post the facts here as I know them since this is OOC.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

JPierreD

So, Astrum and Kabrinskia vs. Asylon and Terran? Looks like the northern alliance has better chances. If D'Hara joined they would tip the scale in the 'moot's favor.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Vellos

Quote from: JPierreD on May 23, 2012, 03:44:31 PM
So, Astrum and Kabrinskia vs. Asylon and Terran? Looks like the northern alliance has better chances. If D'Hara joined they would tip the scale in the 'moot's favor.

So far Astrum and Terran haven't had any conflict.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

JPierreD

Quote from: Vellos on May 23, 2012, 04:15:06 PM
So far Astrum and Terran haven't had any conflict.

Would Terran let Asylon be crushed?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

Of course not. Terran and Asylon are allies. The fact that Asylon is lead by an SA monarch is very politically important for Terran. Also, Asylon is seemingly on the rise. A growing power owing you a favor is quite nice. Not to mention that Asylon stepped in to help Terran. There's no way Terran would let Asylon get clobbered too badly.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.