Author Topic: Case against Magistrate  (Read 3627 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Case against Magistrate
« Topic Start: May 11, 2012, 07:07:27 AM »
Hypothetically speaking, could I bring a case to the magistrates on behalf of someone other than myself?

What happens if defendants of the case are themselves Magistrates?

And third, do forum posts fall under the jurisdiction of the magistrates, and under the Social Contract?

1. Yes

2. They should recuse themselves

3. Personally, I don't think so. We do not lock game accounts for forum posts. The forum is not the game. Moderators are in charge of the forum. We aren't the mods. But, you could bring the case anyways, and the Magistrates could decide.

Though, again my personal opinion, the accused Magistrate should be allowed to rule on whether the case can be heard or not by the Magistrates, just not on the case itself. So if, say, Lefanis were accused of breaking the social contract based on a forum post, I wouldn't expect him to recuse himself from Magistrate decisions about whether or not forum posts are regulated by the social contract, but I would expect him to recuse himself from discussions of whether his words/actions violated the social contract.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner