Author Topic: Luria  (Read 364298 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #1065: April 12, 2013, 05:13:29 PM »
I'm going to comment once, to the above, in response to many other statements like it. And then I'm not going to comment on it again, and just give up on you. Do you have any idea how annoying it is to see someone repeatedly confirm the negative stereotypes that are attributed to them? Especially when you've tried to argue otherwise?

Literally nothing you just typed is true, and this is a common pattern. It's fine to set your character or your realm in opposition to someone or something else just for entertainment. It's okay to speculatively comment on IC events. It shouldn't be okay to repeatedly state things that are completely untethered from reality, in a way that blurs the line between what you—as a player—actually think and what you have your character do as a result. Especially when people are either providing evidence to the contrary, or are willing to patiently and honestly explain IC events. Some people like to talk about the game without !@#$ting up the forums and poisoning the atmosphere. Are you capable of at least trying? Because this kind of attitude infects other people and balkanizes an already small player base.

Take note, folks: if you want to "win" BattleMaster, the surest way is to just drive everyone away until you're the only one still playing.

Which part, exactly?

Because being part of the Lurian Empire, but getting minority votes, is nothing short of annexation.

And your queen was calling off her troops many days ago, before any of the so-called provocation from Fissoa, and before any real answer on their part to your proposal.

Quote from: Alice
Since then, morale has dropped significantly; few want to fight in this war for a number of reasons. First, there are Vesperian and Solarian holdings that need to be taken over, followed by a significant amount of region maintenance. Second, travel times are harsh by land, and our armies large and subsequently expensive by water. Third, and most importantly, Fissoa decided that it would be a superb idea to bring D'Hara along. Not a soul in my realm wants to fight next to D'Harans: it sickens them to see such despicable flags on our side of the battlefield.

Translation 1) We'd rather expand our borders than to help you finish off a weakened realm that may very well destroy you now that Aurvandil has pledged them their support. 2) You are a neighboring realm, but who cares if Astrum shipped troops down D'Hara to fight Aurvandil, Falkirk is WAY too far away!  How could anyone expect us to fight a war over a distance lesser than most Dwilight wars could possibly be fought over!? 3) We'd rather you fight and die alone, because clearly it isn't worth getting as much help as possible to finish off a threat to your existance, and we value our own vendettas over your survival.

That letter was many days ago.

Still not convinced of my "translation"? How about...

Quote from: Alice
To conclude, the reality of the situation is as follows:
Luria Nova cannot commit a large enough force because it has no motivation to do so.
While I have maintained the important of this campaign, my entire Military Council is completely against the idea.
My nobles want to stay home and take what holdings remain, while repairing those that desperately need the attention.
My nobles do not want to fight alongside D'Harans.
My nobles see no point to this war, beyond vague promises. If there was something there worth fighting for them—like the expansion of an Empire—coupled with time to regroup, recruit, and improve our military infrastructure, the second time round would be a huge success. Otherwise, Fissoa will have to make due with its own forces, or those from D'Hara, until such a time Luria Nova can march a significantly efficient and motivated force.

There, she said it in plainer words. Luria Nova won't help, because they don't want to. Who cares if Fissoa dies to Falkirk and Aurvandil? Starting another war with D'Hara is so much more fun.

But hey, go ahead and call me a liar all you like.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron