Author Topic: Luria  (Read 364409 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #1080: April 13, 2013, 01:57:54 AM »
There, she said it in plainer words. Luria Nova won't help, because they don't want to. Who cares if Fissoa dies to Falkirk and Aurvandil? Starting another war with D'Hara is so much more fun.

You left out the conclusion: "My nobles see no point to this war, beyond vague promises. If there was something there worth fighting for them—like the expansion of an Empire—coupled with time to regroup, recruit, and improve our military infrastructure, the second time round would be a huge success. Otherwise, Fissoa will have to make due with its own forces, or those from D'Hara, until such a time Luria Nova can march a significantly efficient and motivated force."

Our nobles weren't rallying, nor were they marching together very well. I induced from the opinions of those nobles and my military council that our forces weren't sufficiently motivated to do all that much. In other words, I couldn't actually march an army, despite having tried to convince them and provide incentive. So yes, you are right by stating that Luria doesn't want to help. I was hoping the formation of an Empire would change that, but everything went downhill from there.

It doesn't really matter anymore. Fissoa is likely going to suffer the consequences, instead of D'Hara. Who knows? All of this is so exciting!
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus