Author Topic: Luria  (Read 364481 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #1095: April 13, 2013, 03:40:21 PM »
Jeez. If I wasn't already so involved with FR, I'd be moving to Luria/D'Hara/Fissoa. So much angst!

Yes! I'm loving it.

Okay, I just read the thread since page 71 or so, and though there's many things I would've commented on if I had followed this thread more closely, I won't do so now. Except for a few things. Firstly that I wouldn't mind to see any of Skyn's letters posted on here. Sure, I could do it myself, but I'd rather see Arundel point out the bits that she found offensive.

I'll also correct Anaris in saying that I don't intend for Skyn to hate Alanna, at least not to the degree he used to. He made her into a devil after having destroyed Myern and when she came back, but now Alice has explained Alanna was in favour of an Empire, he can look her straight into the eyes. Of course seeing Empress Alanna on the throne would still be ..problematic.

Lastly I'll clarify that Skyn indeed wanted to join the Empire, and would've stayed true to his word. Giving up D'Hara as an ally in order to join (by staying neutral in a Lurian war on D'Hara) was a pretty big thing, and as Anaris pointed out (and Alice) the guarantees he asked for were all reasonable.

Unfortunately the purely semantic problem Fissoa had with Lurian Empire kind of blew up in our face. Had it been called Empire of the Rising Sun, or whatever, Skyn would've been totally down.

Spoilerish alert(?): How things progress from here is still uncertain, but I've contacted Erik (Arundel player) and some others to discuss a possible outcome that would allow for an interesting narrative, and also reconcile my RL plans with BM.

More to come!

PS: Yeah, Skyndarbau hasn't been the best communicator, nor very tactful. But he's always been kind of blunt, especially to those he respects. That he attacked Alice was mostly because of his hurt pride, I suppose. Or mine :) And the letters he sends are sometimes overly rethoric/bombastic, but that's the main reason I like to write them. Form over content, ftw.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 03:43:42 PM by Shizzle »