Author Topic: Luria  (Read 370539 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #150: June 28, 2012, 12:20:39 PM »
You think? It becomes predictable after a while :P

"Hey, we haven't had a rebellion in two weeks! We should really do something about that... (goes off to corner to whisper with some others).

::)

What makes it more fun and more dramatic is this "We should really do something about that" is fundamentally wrong. Every reason for civil war and rebellion so far has been pretty unique and quite gripping. The latest one in LV was split between OOC/IC reasons, since it was a barren wasteland. Nothing but orders were sent - seriously - and nothing happened save for Hendrick beating his wife in private. So evidently, something needed to be changed. From an IC standpoint, Bipel was hoarding over 1000 gold pieces a week without spending it on anything. It should be noted LV has crap recovering regions, which requires.... money. Militias aren't bought by the King so our army needs to mop up every turn. Our army, on that note, is the weakest by far on this entire continent, save for maybe PeL's, where "crap RC's" gains a whole new meaning. Again, this was not improved. And yet with all this, production stagnates like crazy due to absent lords. THEN RELIGION - which needs more power in the first place - is also a key concept, since Aetheris Pyrism deserves a theocracy in its name to fight off SA somewhat. That and it'll improve gameplay and opportunities.

The struggle between success and failure for such an ambition is what makes every Lurian civil war simply awesome. The last one was for the formation of a new realm, with new concepts and leaders, while the entire destruction - or almost - of Pian en Luries was witnessed. "The created shall destroy the creators", a wise holographic child made of pixels on my television screen once told my protagonist - also made of pixels.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus