Author Topic: Luria  (Read 364800 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #405: October 02, 2012, 01:37:10 PM »
Machiavel had good discussions with them, Mendicant seemed quite found of him and D'Hara.

But that being said, we were in a federation, and it was rather silly of him to think that D'Hara wouldn't step in to help Barca. Especially when, you know, they detain what we require most: affordable food.

I don't think that Aurvandil and the Falkirian Freestate are invincible. But I do think that the more we wait, the harder it will be, because we'll be weakening each other as they grow stronger.

The thing with Aurvandil is that they have a super efficient huge army. But with sea travel, their borders will be quite porous. Everyone could strike at them from everywhere. Indeed, everyone could gather right off the coast of Candiels, wait for them to wank at Terran, and then offload onto shore in a rural next door and then march into their capital. Or just go on a general looting run. If various realms decided to interfere, without even needing their whole army, they could send marauding squads to loot Aurvandil and the Freestate, earning gold for themselves while lowering southern wealth and productivity and forcing them to split up that huge army of theirs.

Intervening south would have been a much more prudent move than letter their ally, Fissoa, get swallowed up by the Freestate. 'Cause I'm not convinced that the Freestate could have retaken all that they had lost on the isle if the Lurias had been backing Fissoa against them.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron