Author Topic: Luria  (Read 364688 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #720: January 15, 2013, 06:18:14 PM »
No, we weren't: not until just now.

First Alanna's heard of it was the relayed message from Hireshmont to Malus just now. (And she's in almost all the Councils in LN, so if she hasn't heard about it, LN in general hasn't heard about it.)

IIRC, the 'moot in general had also advised against D'Hara including LV in their previous peace demands.

It's easy to say that, but we had no proof.

Luria, at this point, honestly believes D'Hara to be deeply irrational.

You have to remember, we have just been through months and months of trying to convince D'Hara that we are serious about wanting to fight Aurvandil, after destroying Luria Vesperi, and having D'Hara tell us, again and again, that we had to not only let LV live, but give them land, or protection, or special status or various other things.

It's all about perspective, Vellos. Obviously from your perspective, a fellow member of the 'moot is trustworthy, and you can see the messages talking about how D'Hara wants peace, and wants the war to end.

We can't.

Literally everything that has come out of D'Hara over the past months has led us to believe they are paranoid, double-dealing idiots who have a vastly inflated opinion of themselves and would rather see Aurvandil conquer us all than admit that they couldn't defeat LN in a war. This incident plays directly into those perceptions.

Do not make the mistake of thinking LN is belligerent and irrational because of our perceptions of D'Hara.

On ipad so formatting is hard here. I'll respond in sequence.

1. Alice was told of the possibility of a "technicality war" directly by Rynn I believe. Maybe you got a doctored message. I'll double check this in a bit. Same message telling or turned around army I think?

2. Yes, we encouraged d'hara to abandon LV. Unsure what the point of this was?

3. Proof you know you can't get because you can't scout in water?

4. I still don't OOC believe Luria is serious about fighting Aurvandil on the whole. Y'all like killing each other too much for that to be credible. I'll believe it when I see the battle report. Even if y'all had an army in fission I'd be skeptical y'all weren't just about to backstabbing fissoa. And this is the probably most pro-Luria perspective in the Moot. Y'all are just too finicky, sensitive, and fickle.

Thus far, nobody in the Moot has ever been shown the alleged letter saying there was going to be an attack on Girich. So far it sounds like a Lurians whopper.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner