Author Topic: Luria  (Read 364312 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #720: January 15, 2013, 07:14:23 PM »
1. Alice was told of the possibility of a "technicality war" directly by Rynn I believe. Maybe you got a doctored message. I'll double check this in a bit. Same message telling or turned around army I think?

From what I understand, Alice received that message several hours after LN was already convinced that D'Hara had decided to betray them.

I don't believe Alanna received anything directly addressing that possibility, though it was mentioned in the letters Malus passed to the Royal Court just before my previous message.

2. Yes, we encouraged d'hara to abandon LV. Unsure what the point of this was?

You were talking about what the Véinsørmoot wanted and was advocating. I don't give a fig what the 'moot wants or says in this matter if it's different than what D'Hara is actually doing.

3. Proof you know you can't get because you can't scout in water?

Doesn't make us any more inclined to trust D'Hara's bare word about it.

4. I still don't OOC believe Luria is serious about fighting Aurvandil on the whole. Y'all like killing each other too much for that to be credible.

OK, then, I'll tell you, right now, OOC, with perfect honesty:

Luria is serious about fighting Aurvandil. We're not deeply thrilled about it, as it doesn't mean any direct gain for us, and it takes us away from the war we've been trying to fight for a while now, but we do recognize the threat they pose. Some of us are less thrilled about it than others, naturally, and some are actively resentful of what they view as SA intervention.

But we are, absolutely, serious about fighting Aurvandil, and, at least from our perspective, we have been trying for months to get D'Hara to accept a treaty that simply says, "We stop fighting now," in order to do it.

Thus far, nobody in the Moot has ever been shown the alleged letter saying there was going to be an attack on Girich. So far it sounds like a Lurians whopper.

Neither has Alanna. All she heard was (I think) Malus declaring it as fact.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan