Author Topic: Luria  (Read 364115 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Luria
« Reply #735: January 15, 2013, 08:57:52 PM »
I'm confused. Which Prime Minister of D'Hara sought to have Iashalur and Morek as guarantors of a peace between LN and D'Hara? Wasn't that Rynn? Was not LN brought in to that discussion? As I understand it, the only sticking point in the terms, which were largely hashed out by every party but LN, was the sudden attachment of LV to the peace terms. Far too often, these forum conversations turn into turdburgers based on a faulty understanding of the facts as they happened. It would benefit us all if we could address this first, before we reduce it to simply talking past one another.

That was Rynn. In fact, I'm glad you brought that up because it was another thing that Irritated Rynn because D'hara "was brought in to that discussion" as well. Those peace talks regarding the Lurian-D'Haran war were initially made without D'Hara's knowledge. All of a sudden, Ingi shows up and is like "Dude, I talked them down, you should go with this."

Now the treaty was cool.  I remember something about Luria ceding all rights to the Sallowscape Duchy. To be honest, I really regret being unable to accept thanks to the recent commitment with LV. But again, it was made without D'Hara and therefore didn't represent our current interest, which included LV at that time.

Don't let that distract you, though, because the big point is that Had those discussions been made with us in the loop, rather than randomly in the background and suddenly proposed, it probably definitely would have prevented the LV-D'Hara alliance and ended the war. Period. Months ago. Done.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"