Author Topic: Luria  (Read 364724 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #750: January 15, 2013, 10:56:22 PM »
Hireshmont already is. I'm sorry, I don't know how he bribed his way to the elders of SA, but I've only ever heard bad things about him. (Including his realm-mates while he was leader)

That's because you run in shady circles, my good fellow. And probably talked to Alura, who was herself, from time to time, rather shady. Hireshmont II is the closest I've ever played to a "good" character, i.e. one with no big dark side, evil spy ring, sadism, or reckless self-obsessed ambition. He's generally pretty out and honest with everybody, and has never really been one to conceal his intentions. If he was going to bribe somebody he would do it by publicly announcing that he was giving 3,000 gold to someone, then, a month later, he would privately and quietly contact them just to make a courtesy call and let them know how things were going in Terran. Then, a month after that, he'd make a casual request for help on something.

Regarding SA, Hireshmont actually never even asked for an Eldership. He got Luminary without asking for it, then Light without asking for it. Like, seriously– for all the politicking Allison and her allies did, Hireshmont's rise to eldership has been close to effortless.

And regarding Luria... Hireshmont and Malus get along well. But Hireshmont does not generally like Luria or Lurians (deceptive, backstabbing, monarchist, largely heathen swine)– but he really hates the Orvandeaux. And he doesn't see any productive future in conflict with the Lurias. So he actively tries to be friends with them, whatever his feelings, because hostilities won't help him in any of his objectives.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner