Author Topic: Luria  (Read 364690 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #765: January 18, 2013, 09:20:47 PM »
But hey, they honestly believe their crap. Their new queen though that D'Hara had "declared war to protect Luria Vesperi", when Luria Nova and Solaria had been the ones to declare war on D'Hara.

I'm sorry to have angered you on the basis of RPing bad memory/apathy? Obviously, Alice didn't care about Solaria's war, or Luria Nova's subsequent declaration, but was intent on the war between them at the time which was LV + D'Hara vs. LN, since that was the trend in the battles they fought. In other words, she forgot that the actual declarations were made by Lurians. When Rynn reminded her, she didn't argue.

She also brought up a bunch of bullocks about D'Hara having always been Lurian, when the previous deal they offered to D'Hara explicitly stated that Luria Nova would recognize Sallowcape as D'Haran.

That deal was not proposed or seen by Alice? And yes, Alice believes D'Hara to be a rogue Lurian nation.

PeL makes the colony of Shadovar on the Tomb Islands. Shadovar is considered a Lurian Tyranny. Duchess Katayanna, a Lurian Duchess, secedes from the Lurian colony of Shadovar and becomes the Lurian monarch of D'Hara, making it a Lurian monarchy. I'm not sure if you spotted the word "Lurian" in there, but that's how Alice sees it.

And they get uppity about a ceasefire agreement in order to attack a third party actually includes, you know, a clause that states that action will be taken against said party? I was expecting some of the clauses that were added without my knowing to be contentious, but no, it's the clause about actually having to eventually get involved, as opposed to letting D'Hara start another front to then better backstab it...

What? Ceding claims, handing over Girich, and going to war within a month were all reasons for denying the terms. I honestly don't know what to tell you. Get better info before going on the forums about it?
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus