Author Topic: Luria  (Read 364728 times)

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #765: January 18, 2013, 10:52:24 PM »
I really do hope that our allies know just how much this "new deal" thing means to us. Basically, it doesn't mean very much at all. Not in comparison to what LN would have had. We were about to take the rest of the Vesperian lands and then move on to D'hara.

Now, we're not doing squat. I'm aware that there's probably heaps going on behind the scenes politcally, but having all of Luria Vesperi + D'hara under Novan control seems a lot better for us than having a moderately weak ally not get rofl-stomped by someone miles away. In a war that there's absolutely no hope of us gaining anything but a bit of prestige and honour, both IG and in the eyes of our allies, whilst giving us a good chance of killing off heaps of our troops and leaving us completely open to being backdoored by our most recently made enemies. It makes a lot more sense historically, and IC views of these things as well, to continue the taking of Vesprian lands and the stomping D'hara than what has happened. Instant ceasefire and realm flip against our enemies is cool? Becoming their allies through such ceasefires to partake in another war, side by side with them is fine? I think most characters would rather a united Luria and an impotent or non-existant D'hara than any amount of weak allies that don't really help much anyway.

Yaayyyyy treaties. I guess Morek doesn't really like the idea of LN being right beside them on two fronts. D'hara must be so much easier (and more profitable) to push around. This diversion has just stopped LN becoming a true powerhouse, which suits plenty of realms fine.

I personally am of the opinion that the realm flip gives us reason to go against the ceasefire. Or just loot the hell out of the realms that flipped. The gold that's going to be taken is rightfully LN's anyway, through the right of arms (the justice of having multiple big-damn armies stealing everything they can get their hands on from a former enemy's/ally's territory is a VERY medieval concept).

"Sorry Fissoa, you'll have to look after yourselves for a bit. We've got us some looting to do, and some territory to take. We'll be down soon. Honestly........."
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 11:06:34 PM by Samboji »