Author Topic: Luria  (Read 364041 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Luria
« Reply #825: January 20, 2013, 03:38:11 PM »
As I understand it, D'Haran's simply are not big fans of war and would rather avoid it. Why is that you say? Convince us, JeV? Simple: War is unprofitable. Doesn't get more D'Haran than that, amiright?

D'Hara and Luria hate each other (entirely Luria's fault btw), but we fear the threat of Aurvandil. An army that massive and efficient with a ruler like Medicant makes all of Dwilight (with the acception of Falkirk) Uneasy. For example, I remember when Rynn tried to get the Moot to consider peace. All Vellos had to do was say "boo! Heathen Aurvandil's gonna getchya!" And the fear mongering that followed obliterated any chance of that and embittered our characters against each other.

Of course, Rynn also sought better relations with Malus and his nobles before they declared war on D'Hara, it's one of his primary RP reasons for despising them now, but I digress.

If it is one thing the Lurians have made clear, it's that they still see D'Hara as Lurian. To that extent, they treat us as such by (seemingly against all odds and logic) ostensibly uniting against a common threat. With interfering influences dealt with, we can at last get back to slapping each other around like proper Lurians  ;)
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"