Author Topic: The War of the Hearth Right  (Read 70009 times)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sorraine
« Reply #75: August 01, 2012, 07:09:18 PM »
Upon joining Sorraine with my ex-Ibladesh character I found that many former Ibladeshians were in rather high positions, both in the realm itself as in the Church of Sartan. Perhaps a silent takeover is going on? Too bad I'm not invited to that party.  8)
Ardet nec consumitur.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: August 01, 2012, 07:29:24 PM »
Upon joining Sorraine with my ex-Ibladesh character I found that many former Ibladeshians were in rather high positions, both in the realm itself as in the Church of Sartan. Perhaps a silent takeover is going on? Too bad I'm not invited to that party.  8)

Well, we do form a not insignificant portion of the realm's nobles... Given time, who knows?  8)

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: August 01, 2012, 09:13:21 PM »
Not too uncommon for realms and religions to reform while migrating.  For instance, also on FEI, when Alowca looked like it was going to fall on the Colonies,  their religion and hopes of a New Alowca came with the refugees who established The Trinity on FEI.  After all the egos of Conan and company left, they were the last men standing in Soliferum; again stuck to the beating that their predecessor realmmates earned.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: August 01, 2012, 11:07:54 PM »
Well, we do form a not insignificant portion of the realm's nobles... Given time, who knows?  8)

Burn the heretics!
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #79: August 16, 2012, 12:30:05 AM »
Huh... it seems interesting times are in store.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: August 16, 2012, 12:30:47 AM »
If by "interesting times" you mean "Sorraine burning to the ground and the church going to hell in a handbasket", I agree.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: August 16, 2012, 12:54:39 AM »
Far Eastern Annual Sartanian Implosion Festival
8/15 - 8/19
2007+

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: August 16, 2012, 01:30:22 AM »
It wouldn't be the church of Sartan if it wasn't in a state of perpetual crash. Makes it interesting. Better than perpetual stability and stagnation.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: August 16, 2012, 01:56:05 AM »
It wouldn't be the church of Sartan if it wasn't in a state of perpetual crash. Makes it interesting. Better than perpetual stability and stagnation.

My god yes. I've been having so much fun (actually) sending Caspius and everything else down the !@#$ter. But now, as it seems, the intense and ridiculously raged moments have died out in a matter of hours, turning into a smooth transition of power and loss of life. All we have to do now is get Hosiel back.... hooray!
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #84: August 16, 2012, 02:15:49 AM »
Awweh, I was hoping others would join my migration to other realms!

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: August 16, 2012, 05:38:00 AM »
Some context, Caspius was talking to Penardin. I dunno what about.

Roleplay from Caspius Arundel   (6 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in "The Church of Sartan" (40 recipients)

"I told you th-" he began, cut off by a sudden surge of unbearable pain. He tilted his head down, only to witness a blade pierced clean through his heart and dripping with crimson gore. His hands reacted and grasped the blade, with what strength he had left, before it was pulled out aggressively from behind him. As he collapsed to the floor, dead, Arke revealed herself from behind him, holding the blade.

"May your rest in peace, my King." she said mockingly, curtseying with a false respect for her cousin.

Eleven men soon filtered their way in between the throne room columns, five on each side between her and Mathilda, while the heavily armored one - Captain Nathandar - stood tall at Arke's side.

"I trust we are on good terms? These are the King's guard, under my command, and I would hate to see another Royal fall." she sneered, "Take what is yours, and I will go to Coralynth after visiting the temple here. Do a better job than my weakling cousin, and I shall stay out of your hair. Are we in agreement?"

Death to the King!
Long live the Queen!

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: August 16, 2012, 06:53:59 AM »
Aye. Sorraine enters its new chapter, while Arke makes a living of her own on FEI. Should she return to Sorraine, it'll probably be for the wrong/negative reasons.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: August 16, 2012, 03:49:27 PM »
So, I log in and 115(!) messages waiting for me. 115? Seriously? Reading through them is like watching a slow motion train wreck.

Obvously, though, his was totally planned. Kinda ruins it a bit for me...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: August 16, 2012, 03:52:40 PM »
At first I was really excited because I thought it was all going to be reaction to the death of Theuderik. Boy was I disappointed. That incredibly great RP seems to have been completely overshadowed by all this infighting and melodrama. Where's the outrage and righteous fury?! The heathens just burned one of our priests alive and no one seems to care!  >:(

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: August 16, 2012, 05:56:04 PM »
I didn't get the sense that anything other than a confrontation after sacking the Order's temples was planned.  Seemed like a lot of improvisation going on at the end.

As for the murder of the priest, it would've been a great firestarter had the fire not already been raging.