Author Topic: Show Archer Range for Recruitment Centers  (Read 4841 times)

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
Show Archer Range for Recruitment Centers
« Topic Start: May 26, 2012, 01:15:36 AM »
Title: Show Archer Range for Recruitment Centers

Summary: In the "Infrastructure" tab of a region, the unit type and percentage values for training, weapons and armor are shown for the recruitment centers, but not the range of archers. As I can't imagine why this detail would be held back when anything else is shown, I'd like to request the range to be shown as well.

Details: There aren't any more details to that than already mentioned in the summary, I just want to add that I'm sorry if this has been requested and rejected before. I tried to search in the forums, but didn't find a thread about this.

Benefits: First, consistency. I don't see why just this one detail about the recruitment centers should not be shown. Second, it helps with the realm's planning to some extent. When explaining something to a new player, I wanted to look up which archers would be an example of a good unit to recruit and which are bad, but I was unable to do so without knowing their range.

Possible Exploits: I can't think of a way how this would be exploited more than the other details that are already shown for recruitment centers anyway.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
Re: Show Archer Range for Recruitment Centers
« Reply #1: May 26, 2012, 01:20:57 AM »
+1 to this, just 'cause it seems like a weird detail to be omitted. Could also help lords who have just built a new ranged RC find out exactly how good it is rather than either travelling to the capital or asking someone who's already there to check for them (both options seem needlessly complicated).
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: May 26, 2012, 02:04:31 AM »
+10

This is going to be really handy. No need to return to the capital anymore.

egamma

« Reply #3: May 26, 2012, 02:18:12 AM »
+1 to this, just 'cause it seems like a weird detail to be omitted. Could also help lords who have just built a new ranged RC find out exactly how good it is rather than either travelling to the capital or asking someone who's already there to check for them (both options seem needlessly complicated).

I'm almost positive that the lord who constructs the center is told the range, but I do like this idea.

Brant

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 26, 2012, 03:21:44 AM »
+1

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 26, 2012, 04:06:46 AM »
I am not certain what it is that you think you do not see.  Or rather, where it is that you want to see the range.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 26, 2012, 04:16:49 AM »
I am not certain what it is that you think you do not see.  Or rather, where it is that you want to see the range.

Dead Reckoning
Captain Vilmar (+4)
Type:   Special Forces
Range:   2 lines <----Here
Strength:   35 men
Training:   77 %
Weapons/Armour:   81% / 66%
Damage:    3 %
Morale:    100 %
Cohesion:    32 %
Combat Strength:   794
Encounter Setting:    attack
Deployment Line:    front
Deployment Formation:    wedge
Designation:    army

Or here, during recruitment at the capital
                                                     v

Orde Longbowmen   Arch   50   55-4/40   Orde

But not here, under the region's Infrastructure tab:
Recruitment Centers
Name   Type   Training   Equipment
Orde Longbowmen   Archers   50   55 / 40
Special Forces center   Special Forces   70   75 / 75
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 26, 2012, 04:20:51 AM »
Ah, I never noticed that.  Good idea.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 27, 2012, 01:48:40 AM »
Lords can find it out already by going to 'Recruit Militia' where it's listed along with other stats.

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 27, 2012, 02:54:33 AM »
@feyeleanor: But only while they are in their own region and even then only for regions that are adjacent to their own, not for the centers of the whole realm.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 27, 2012, 11:42:44 AM »
True, but the context was that of a Lord creating a new RC.

I personally like the fact that under the current system only people who can recruit archers/MI know their range or even know that an SF RC produces ranged troops. It adds an element of unpredictability :)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 27, 2012, 05:29:56 PM »
I personally like the fact that under the current system only people who can recruit archers/MI know their range or even know that an SF RC produces ranged troops. It adds an element of unpredictability :)

What do you mean by "only people who can recruit archers/MI know their range"? You cannot know the range of recruited troops but that is not under debate. And any noble has as much information on RCs as a peer in equal station commanding archers or MI.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 27, 2012, 08:28:38 PM »
What do you mean by "only people who can recruit archers/MI know their range"? You cannot know the range of recruited troops but that is not under debate. And any noble has as much information on RCs as a peer in equal station commanding archers or MI.

I meant precisely what I said. To know what the range of such units is you have to be in a place where you can recruit them, and of a class able to recruit them. In other words, a region lord recruiting militia directly, or a non-priest noble in the capital.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 27, 2012, 11:18:45 PM »
I meant precisely what I said. To know what the range of such units is you have to be in a place where you can recruit them, and of a class able to recruit them. In other words, a region lord recruiting militia directly, or a non-priest noble in the capital.

Ah, I understood that if you had non-ranged units you could not see the range of the raged ones. :P
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 29, 2012, 06:38:42 AM »
We need the opinion of a dev on this now, don't we?