Author Topic: Less information?  (Read 2866 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Less information?
« Topic Start: May 26, 2012, 03:51:02 PM »
Since the major update to stable, I've noticed that my characters receive less information about the various goings on in the realm than they did before. Was this intended?

1) My marshal no longer receives messages when nobles are added to or removed from his army.

2) My ruler no longer receives any region reports at sunrise. I know this would be take a hell of a lot of space given the size of the new region reports, but perhaps they could be given in a scouting report-esque note each day?

3) My ruler no longer receives messages when civil/police/courtier/etc work is done by members of my realm. Not a huge issue, but was this intended?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Less information?
« Reply #1: May 26, 2012, 04:00:50 PM »
I believe at least (3) is very much intended.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 26, 2012, 04:07:17 PM »
1) My marshal no longer receives messages when nobles are added to or removed from his army.

Not sure if this is intended or not.

2) My ruler no longer receives any region reports at sunrise. I know this would be take a hell of a lot of space given the size of the new region reports, but perhaps they could be given in a scouting report-esque note each day?

Region reports are less monolithic now. Detailed reports go to the Lord, pertinent information goes to the Duke, and really important stuff goes to the Ruler/realm. So no news is good news.

3) My ruler no longer receives messages when civil/police/courtier/etc work is done by members of my realm. Not a huge issue, but was this intended?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it was.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 26, 2012, 04:52:50 PM »
Not sure if this is intended or not.

Region reports are less monolithic now. Detailed reports go to the Lord, pertinent information goes to the Duke, and really important stuff goes to the Ruler/realm.

What counts as really important stuff?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 26, 2012, 07:29:02 PM »
on the other hand, everyone and dog of a region gets message when someone does civil work/buro stuff in their region.

every lord of a duchy gets warnings for highish lvl of unrest causes (complaints about alliance, too high tax, etc)
firefox

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 27, 2012, 03:47:16 AM »
I would suggest that the standard for what is important be lowered slightly.  i am not sure to what, but it would be good to hear a bit more about other region's troubles, or successes. 
I am not sure where to draw the line though.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #6: May 29, 2012, 05:35:48 PM »
What counts as really important stuff?

Generally stuff with serious impact. The idea is that if a region loses, say, 1-2% morale every day, there is plenty of time for the lord to act, plus it could just be random, at least for a day or two. But if a region loses, say, 10% morale, something dramatic has happened and people higher up the chain probably want to know.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 29, 2012, 05:42:26 PM »
Alright. What about Marshals not being told when someone joins/leaves their army?