Author Topic: Taxing Dukes?  (Read 1789 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Taxing Dukes?
« Topic Start: June 13, 2012, 10:24:26 AM »
Considered making this a feature request, however I figured I would ask first since there is probably a reason why it is like it is.

So, why can't Kings tax their Dukes at individual rates? Right now, it appears it has to be a blanket rate across all of the Duchies. It seems to me that it would make the system much more dynamic and provide more potential for conflict among the upper echelons of power if the King could say, tax the Duke of Kelper 15% because he's a good member of the Church of Kelper, but tax that dirty Duke of Derp 25% because he isn't a member of the Church of Kelper. Also, offering that foreign Duke who borders your Kingdom to only take 5% of his taxes instead of the 30% his King is taking from him because he is a different religion seems like a nice way to grease some conflict.

I mean, can't Dukes tax each region in their Duchy individually (I honestly don't know, but I thought you could)?

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Taxing Dukes?
« Reply #1: June 13, 2012, 10:28:31 AM »
I mean, can't Dukes tax each region in their Duchy individually (I honestly don't know, but I thought you could)?

No, they can't and both are very, very intentional and will not be changed.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 13, 2012, 10:36:35 AM »
No, they can't and both are very, very intentional and will not be changed.

What is the reason for it, if you don't mind me asking?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 13, 2012, 09:00:46 PM »
help lords and dukes band up together to gut the tier above?
firefox