Author Topic: Pantheism  (Read 14579 times)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Pantheism
« Topic Start: June 15, 2012, 12:17:51 PM »
Dwilight would soon see its newest light weight religion "Pantheism", the worship of mother nature. The backbone is made, gonna add some deities and views of other religions. Will go live soon.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheism
« Reply #1: June 15, 2012, 12:41:17 PM »
Isn't that a real-world religion?
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 15, 2012, 01:00:56 PM »
Yes, its easier and more fun. I would make some modifications in it to make it SMA appropiate, though it was created in medieval times only.

Edit: Would add some deities for RP purposes. And its going to be first religion Fissoan nobility would accept.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:08:48 PM by Cren »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 15, 2012, 01:51:44 PM »
Unless I'm mistaken I think there is a pretty strict "no real world religions" policy. People get touchy over that stuff I suppose.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 15, 2012, 02:03:03 PM »
Dwilight would soon see its newest light weight religion "Pantheism", the worship of mother nature. The backbone is made, gonna add some deities and views of other religions. Will go live soon.

Hippies.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 15, 2012, 03:19:34 PM »
Pantheism isn't an actual 'religion', that's like naming your religion 'Monotheism'. Pantheism is the school of thought (to which I personally subscribe) that believes the essence of the world itself is divine, perhaps even imbued with the spark of life, from the tiniest pebble to the vehement stars that dot the sky. We do not worship in the casual sense, instead choosing to revere and honor the beauty of the natural world in all of its facets and shades. Pantheism adheres to no dogma, chants the name of no god, and cares not for organized religious institution. It is a loosely-held nature-based belief system in which the natural order of things is upheld, as it should be.

There are various other hybrids and faiths similar, such as Panentheism, which is Pantheism (nature = divine) with the belief that the spirit/embodiment/divinity of the natural universe takes some sort of physical shape or form, effectively mixing Pantheism with Judeo-Christian Monotheism or sometimes even more complex systems based on Pagan and neo-Pagan faiths.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 15, 2012, 03:30:13 PM »
In your case, as soon as you add deities/etc you're no longer representing Pantheism at all. I'd rather folks not get even more misconceptions of my beliefs based on a grammatic mistake. ;) If you're going for a Pantheistic system with gods, the more accurate term would be Panentheism.

Funny, I actually have a joke about that in my Fantasy religion Arkhan'a. <_< There's a legend about a nameless demigod sometimes called Pan-En who lies imprisoned within an ivory tower atop the highest mountain of the world, chained unto the very structure and left to slowly die as millenia bleed on endlessly. The whole joke is that Pan-En, also known as 'The One', is the physical embodiment of life itself; effectively functioning as a single divine beating-heart for all of mortality. He's a fluke in the system, really, and should never have been created - just a religion joke I injected into the storyline that I later found hilariously ironic and decided to play with. Pan-En is actually the primary source of conflict in what was supposed to be the 3rd and final book. :P
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 15, 2012, 04:04:55 PM »
I totally forgot about that No real world religion policy.

@Ehndras, Sorry if my ignorance hurt your feelings. I knew that Pantheism isn't the worship any embodiment of God, still wanted to make changes for IG purpose only. I should not have tried to make changes in it.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 15, 2012, 04:32:53 PM »
Oh, no problem man. I don't get hot and bothered by religion talks. :P I have friends of many faiths, standard and non-standard, and have had plenty of in-depth discussions with members of practically every faith - spiritual or religious. I just wanted to avoid the usual misconceptions people have, because misinformation -loves- to go viral ;)

You can just have a panentheistic system and make up your own name and rules for it. :) I'm actually about to instate my polytheistic-pantheism Fantasy religion from my unpublished novel series I abandoned, heh. I got tired of writing Fantasy, but I still love the religion I created. :)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 16, 2012, 08:13:58 AM »
Pantheism isn't an actual 'religion',

True. Since its so broad, it might be fine.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 16, 2012, 10:10:41 AM »
As long as he changes the name he's good.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 18, 2012, 04:15:25 AM »
Verdis Elementum is pretty pantheistic...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #12: June 18, 2012, 05:49:01 AM »
Verdis Elementum is pretty pantheistic...

Well, it's mostly elemental-based--fire/water/air/earth. I would like to see it fleshed out--we have so many 'skinny, lightweight' religions with little material. Cren, why don't you simply add whatever material you have to an existing religion? "Mother Nature" could be one of the Earth Gods.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 18, 2012, 05:15:30 PM »
Well, it's mostly elemental-based--fire/water/air/earth. I would like to see it fleshed out--we have so many 'skinny, lightweight' religions with little material. Cren, why don't you simply add whatever material you have to an existing religion? "Mother Nature" could be one of the Earth Gods.

We basically study nature, then attribute various phenomenons to (most unnamed) gods.

ex: Why do we have tides? Because a god creates them. Alright, now we can study why and how this god creates the tides so that we may better understand and exploit them.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: June 18, 2012, 06:39:15 PM »
We basically study nature, then attribute various phenomenons to (most unnamed) gods.

ex: Why do we have tides? Because a god creates them. Alright, now we can study why and how this god creates the tides so that we may better understand and exploit them.

Tide comes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. It's so simple when you think about it.
After all it's a roleplaying game.